Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-06-2012, 01:05 PM   #1
Josiekitty
Registered Users
seller

Cloth diapering vs potty training!

My 19th months DD use to give good sign she pee or poop by stop doing what she doing or go to a corner of the room, shake her head, etc. we switched to cloth diaper last month and now I can't tell if she wet herself or not!! Did this happen to all CD kids? She starts using potty chair at 6 months mostly poop and starts potty seat at 10 months cause her butt simple is big enough(she is very chubby). We still use potty seat first thing in the morning and after her nap, I try to bring her to use it after 1 1/2 hours throughout the day but she either don't pee or pee just a bit after we return to living room. Using too many cloth diaper everyday(way more than disposable ones)......any suggestion?

Advertisement

Josiekitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:50 PM   #2
colin-mylilguy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Cloth diapering vs potty training!

If you have been using the potty, what about using trainers? Then you would be able to know when she is peeing and you could put her on the potty so she begins to associate the need to eliminate with the potty instead of diapers.

I used cloth diapers with my little guy from birth but I started putting him on the potty when he was about 6 month old. I did EC very, very part-time - mostly first thing in the morning and after naps. At 18 months, I decided that we were ready to move on to trainers. We did 3 days of being naked and then I started putting trainers on him.

The first day he peed a lot and mostly on the floor. But by the 3rd day we were getting about half the pee-pees in the potty. Now, we have been using the potty for about 3 weeks and he was in the same trainers all day except one change when he pooped this morning (we haven't mastered pooping on the potty yet ).

It is a work in progress but we are doing so well. You might be surprised what your LO can do and that you don't need diapers.