Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-12-2012, 10:49 AM   #1
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Any moms with identicals from IVF?

What did your embryo(s) look like at transfer? Did you do AH or not?

I had a FET on Monday afternoon and after I got home and was able to calm down from the excitement of the transfer I looked at the photo they gave me and it looked like the embryo was splitting (was already hatching). I chocked this up to me not knowing anything till yesterday afternoon, I felt implantation in one spot, then in the evening I felt it in another spot. I was able to pin point where my son's placenta was when he implanted so I know I didn't feel things.

This is my embryo that was transferred (single embryo transfer by choice, still have 2 frozen). www.ourunplannedlife.com

Thanks for the help!

Advertisement

Old 09-12-2012, 12:08 PM   #2
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Any moms with identicals from IVF?

My ID twins are not from IVF but I have a friend who has a set from IVF. I have no idea what the embryos looked like at transfer but those pictures do look like you might get twins. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
Old 09-12-2012, 01:45 PM   #3
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If there really were 2 implantations, you would be having ID's with separate placentas. Those split on days....let me go get my book.......Okay, from When You are expecting Twins, Trips or Quads (Which you have probably read)...(not quoting, but info from there) If ID twins are going to be totally separate, and implant seperately, the egg splits very early within 3 days of conception, which is before yours were transferred. I have seen a few women on the preg w/ multi board who had ID's and so far none of the IVF women have had ID's with separate placentas. My ID's, one we lost, only had 1 placenta. Although, I've never been one to feel actual implantation that I'm aware of, but I do have early cramping which is probably associated with implantation. I know another woman in my cycle group who had ID's from her IVF cycle and her's also only had one placenta. One placenta is the most common way for ID's to be, but it definitely isn't the only way.

Anyway, you certainly could have ID twins, but I have to say.......I'm thinking only one implantation either way.

Praying for you!!

Last edited by HeatherlovesCDs; 09-12-2012 at 01:47 PM.
HeatherlovesCDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:51 PM   #4
TwinMommaplus2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Your pic sure looks like its splitting, but I have no clue what Im looking at, hoping for HEALTHY either way!!
Motherhood is not a hobby, its a calling, you do not collect children because they are cuter than stamps, Its not something to do if you can squeeze the time in, its what god gave you time for. ~E. Anderson
TwinMommaplus2 is offline   Reply With Quote