Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-29-2012, 06:40 PM   #101
lisha622
Registered Users
seller

Re: Names?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhernandez View Post
Dh agreed to nico/ nicolas. second name ramon. So there. We can at least agree on something. It was funny though... he didn't remember me suggesting it. Which I did. But I didn't say anything. I'd rather he think it's his idea. And at first I was like mmmmmmmhhh. And "thought" about it for like 5 minutes... mostly because I was confused that he'd suggest a name he had shot down. And then I was like okay. Hahaha
Love it! haha so funny that he didn't remember. Men can be silly. But glad that you have a name you both like and can agree on! Yay!

Advertisement

Old 08-31-2012, 12:45 AM   #102
Missy2020
Registered Users

I'm having Emma or Emmitt, can't wait to find out!
Missy2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:39 AM   #103
lfilbert
Registered Users

My Mood:

So, had a second u/s and this one confirmed boy too! So I like the way Christopher Issac flows but I really like Silas as well. Do you think Silas Issac or Issac Silas has too many S's?
lfilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:28 PM   #104
Caz
Registered Users
Formerly: ccin***s
seller
seller

My Mood:

We're still pretty unsure... we both like Nora and Abigail for a girl. Although we like Gabi for short instead of Abby. Do you think that she'd still get called Abby? Or, alternatively, if we were calling her Gabi, I'm guessing most would assume her name is some variant of Gabrielle. Would that deter anyone from using that name/nickname combo?

We're having a harder time with a boy's name. A few names that I like are Tobin, Luca, Fletcher, Liam, Callum. We both really like Callum, actually, but DH has an old friend with that name and he thinks its weird to give the baby the same name as a friend unless its for the purpose of naming him after that friend. I disagree, I mean we see this friend [I]maybe[I] once a year (if that). What do you think? I'm not sure I can convince him otherwise, but I really might try if it turns out to be a boy and we don't come up with something else we both like.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:32 PM   #105
Caz
Registered Users
Formerly: ccin***s
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfilbert View Post
So, had a second u/s and this one confirmed boy too! So I like the way Christopher Issac flows but I really like Silas as well. Do you think Silas Issac or Issac Silas has too many S's?
I think Issac Silas may flow just a bit better, but you could probably get away with either. I love the same Silas, but our last name ends with an 's', so it's definitely overload if we picked a first name that ended in one as well.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:19 PM   #106
Ashtyn(n)Nyla'sMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I LOVE Silas! Hence my ds2's name. lol.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:27 PM   #107
808mamaof3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gghmommy View Post
Are we allowed to steal each other's names, I mean I live no where near Hawaii and we were already thinking Lillian for a girl, but Lilliana, I like it! and Lilah too. We wouldn't use Grace, our DD is Gillian Grace, so I've been worried the names are too similar, but I think we may call the newbie Lilly, or at least daddy is really pushing for that. Still not sure on a boy name. DH's middle name is Vance, so I think we're going to use that, but I have no idea on a first name. I can't even tell if hubby is serious about some of the names he throws out there
You can totally use those names

I think I'm personally leaning toward Lila Grace or Lilah Grace. Both of my boys have short names 4-5 letters so this would fit our groove.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:26 PM   #108
katymf
Registered Users
seller

I know I had made the 1st post on here with names but since then they have kind of changed lol! For a girl we are ( or should I say I am ) leaning towards Roselyn Ann (rose after rosemary my deceased grandmothers name, lyn after my husbands mother still living and Ann as a middle name after my mothers middle name) then for a boy we have "Levi Lennon" or Milo but no middle name for that yet!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 08-31-2012, 06:52 PM   #109
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am utterly disgusted with trying to pick a name One each of a boy name and girl name that we actually like has been used by a celebrity very recently. I try to stay away from super popular names and it seems like whenever a higher profile celeb chooses a name there is a spike. I decided to follow DH's sound advice and not worry any more until we know the gender at the end of September