Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-10-2012, 04:09 PM   #11
dannic
Registered Users

Re: Nearing the 3rd Tri - Come and chat 7/7 to 7/13

I'm doing good, but unmotivated to do much, lol. Am recuperating from a brothers wedding last week...feeling really big since people are starting to say so. (I am always so polite but really want to chew them out,lol)

Don't have to do the gd test, yay. This is our fifth and I've actually never had it, even when I was at the BC. I'm glad, though! I may get a finger prick, but that's it.
Baby is good; he kicks me alot.
I have an appt tomorrow. I love my appts! We travel 2 hrs for them, and dh goes with me--we make a day date of it! No kids, good food, shopping and a fun visit withthe mw.
I am mostly ready aside from hb supplies. Just kickin' it on DS, lol.

Advertisement

dannic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:49 PM   #12
MomdeIsla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by talitha View Post
Hi everyone! I haven't posted much but I'm due with a little boy on October 28. So this week I'm 24 weeks! I can't believe it. In some ways it has gone fast, in other ways I can't believe I still have so far to go.

I am feeling huge. I've only gained 11 lbs at this point, but I feel like he is in my ribs and kicking my bladder at the same time! I'm only really comfortable when laying down or standing, but am having trouble sleeping at night. I feel like all this is starting earlier than it did with my son. Doc said that is normal for your second, and I am 35 now so I'm old lol.

Baby is moving constantly! I love it because I have an anterior placenta and didn't feel him move until after 20 weeks.

I will have a second GD test at 28 weeks. I had one earlier (high risk doc makes you do two tests if you have PCOS) and passed it so hopefully I will pass the second as well.

I have a ton of stuff on my list to sew and can't seem to make myself get started. I want to make a Baby K'tan knock off, wet bags, newborn dipes and prefolds, etc. tell me to get started!!!!!
Well......GET STARTED

and then....post pics!

I started my first pair of longies.....and that is really taking me forever, because I've never done short rows before, and because I'm a bit of a perfectionist.....it took me all day to knit 3 rows in the round with the short rows....cause I didn't like this or that, and then i dropped stitches and couldn't find them

I think tomorrow I will sew a jon jon for my nephew's 1 st bday....take a break from the longies.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:03 AM   #13
QTMom
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannic View Post
I'm doing good, but unmotivated to do much, lol. Am recuperating from a brothers wedding last week...feeling really big since people are starting to say so. (I am always so polite but really want to chew them out,lol)
:
Unfortunately, I am a bigger person to begin with, so most people assume I am just gaining weight in the tummy area. No one knows I am pregnant unless I tell them. I received the weirdest compliment by DH's aunt saying "Yeah, you are starting to actually look pregnant." I was like good because I am 27 weeks and I should be looking pregnant.

Last edited by QTMom; 07-11-2012 at 05:01 AM. Reason: Mis wording
QTMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:19 PM   #14
EuphoricDysphoria
Registered Users
Formerly: laubear
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by QTMom

Unfortunately, I am a bigger person to begin with, so most people assume I am just gaining weight in the tummy area. No one knows I am pregnant unless I tell them. I received the weirdest compliment by DH's aunt saying "Yeah, you are starting to actually look pregnant." I was like good because I am 27 weeks and I should be looking pregnant.
That's not a weird compliment, it's a rude one.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:57 PM   #15
qberry
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
How are you? Fine
Any fun appointments this week? None
Who is doing the GD test this week? We are opting out for this pregnancy.
Anyone working on anything exciting for baby? I just made another aio and will be knitting a hat after I'm done with my current custom.
Win Cloth Diapers - My Giveaway Blog!
qberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:55 PM   #16
dannic
Registered Users

Yeah, I don't get the license to be rude to pregnant ladies...I guess we all go through it, but sheesh...

I had my prenatal yesterday and it was wonderful. But baby is posterior which has never happened for me. Silly little one needs to face back! And I need to sit up! lol.
dannic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:09 PM   #17
EuphoricDysphoria
Registered Users
Formerly: laubear
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannic
Yeah, I don't get the license to be rude to pregnant ladies...I guess we all go through it, but sheesh...

I had my prenatal yesterday and it was wonderful. But baby is posterior which has never happened for me. Silly little one needs to face back! And I need to sit up! lol.
Haha awe, cute!

I have another appointment on Monday and I'm worried I may have GD this time
Old 07-12-2012, 04:36 PM   #18
MomdeIsla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannic View Post

my last was posterior....she's always had ideas of her own! and that hasn't changed.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:27 PM   #19
sillyutalktome
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by talitha View Post
Hi everyone!
I am feeling huge. I've only gained 11 lbs at this point, but I feel like he is in my ribs and kicking my bladder at the same time! I'm only really comfortable when laying down or standing, but am having trouble sleeping at night. I feel like all this is starting earlier than it did with my son. Doc said that is normal for your second, and I am 35 now so I'm old lol.

I have a ton of stuff on my list to sew and can't seem to make myself get started. I want to make a Baby K'tan knock off, wet bags, newborn dipes and prefolds, etc. tell me to get started!!!!!
I haven't gained any weight (lost 13 and I've kept it off somehow) and I still feel the same thing. Baby somehow kicks/hits both ends. Just started this week but it makes me laugh. I'm sure soon it will be painful! Not to discourage you from being crafty but Nobetterdeal.com has several discounted Baby K'tans right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QTMom View Post
I caught up with a friend today for the first time in a few months and she said "You don't even look pregnant" I replied Thanks but I'm going for the pregnant not fat look, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuphoricDysphoria View Post
Haha awe, cute!

I have another appointment on Monday and I'm worried I may have GD this time
I'm worried about the same. I feel funky if I don't eat protein at each meal and I'm being treated with 17P to prevent preterm labor. It increases my chances. I keep checking my phone for a call from the doctor saying I failed miserably.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:13 PM   #20
QTMom
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuphoricDysphoria View Post
That's not a weird compliment, it's a rude one.
I knew it was meant as a compliment and not to hurt my feelings, but it just came out wrong on her end.
QTMom is offline   Reply With Quote