Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-07-2012, 07:41 PM   #1
BBGunns
Registered Users

My Mood:
HELP! First Time Mom

I have some people trying to tell me that I'm not going to want the stress that cloth diapers come with and then others that have used them saying it's really not a big hassle. I'm aiming to get as much information as I can from mom to mom so I can see what would work for me, what brands are preferred; Really, just everything that can have me prepared for the big step. Honestly, what's a little more work to cut down from the growing populations waste!

Thanks Guys,
Brittanie

Advertisement

BBGunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:45 PM   #2
junebug2311
Registered Users
seller
seller

Honestly, it's really not that much work. In my opinion, much easier than making trips to the store to get disposable diapers. Once you fall into a pattern and learn what works for you wash-wise, you'll find no problem washing

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 07-07-2012, 08:41 PM   #3
lalatrain
Registered Users

Re: HELP! First Time Mom

everyone is different, its hard to know what will work for you until you try it.
I decided to use a few packages of seventh generations disposables for the first few weeks to ease into mommyhood. I was glad i did this, as laundry was the last thing that i had time to do, and I ended up with a cesarean...even less mobility. then after the first month I started using a local diaper service....amazing. I asked for contributions from family in place of gifts at my shower, and got a few months covered. not sure if you have this in your area, but it was great to able to see if we liked cloth diapering before investing fully! no matter what, you'll do the best you can do, and that it great
lalatrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:39 PM   #4
BBGunns
Registered Users

My Mood:

My Dad and Steppie were going to take care of the first few months of a service, but we are also keeping cost effective in mind so I was going to use this time to ease into the do-it-yourself process. Wanted to get a couple of things on the registry and wanted to know what products worked how and get the insider scoop of moms that have used these things before.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:45 PM   #5
Cadensmum
Registered Users
seller

I am due in 3 weeks and I'm doing a diaper review on many different AIO diapers and pocket diapers for newborns. I think that they are the simplest diapers to use if you don't want to use prefolds and covers. I also have a few fitteds to try and will be using wool covers with those. Diaper rentals are great as well because they give you a variety of diapers to try out and see what fits best on your baby.
Cadensmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:58 PM   #6
BBGunns
Registered Users

My Mood:

AIO?? and when it comes to the pocket diapers I was a little confused on how they work when it comes to cleaning. I mean the pocket soaks the waste, but there is still waste on the pocket so do you have to wash the pocket diaper every use. I looked up a video, but my computer is broken and has no sound so didn't really get all I needed.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:00 PM   #7
BBGunns
Registered Users

My Mood:

And pre-folds, covers... This is a whole new territory for me if somebody is willing to private message me that would be great. I am a first timer at all of this I have no previous knowledge to go off of
Old 07-07-2012, 10:02 PM   #8
Cadensmum
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBGunns View Post
AIO?? and when it comes to the pocket diapers I was a little confused on how they work when it comes to cleaning. I mean the pocket soaks the waste, but there is still waste on the pocket so do you have to wash the pocket diaper every use. I looked up a video, but my computer is broken and has no sound so didn't really get all I needed.
AIO: All in one. It means that it is like a disposable diaper because you dont need to add anything extra to it. because it is all one piece.

Pocket diapers are "stuffed" with inserts to soak up the pee. The poop is on the pocket diaper itself. You can either spray it off or just throw it into the washer to was as is (The washer does clean poopie diapers well but if you lay them in the sun if they have some staining, the sun will bleach out the stains)
Cadensmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:44 PM   #9
BBGunns
Registered Users

My Mood:

ANNNND, one more post... Now to message you
Old 07-07-2012, 10:47 PM   #10
Cadensmum
Registered Users
seller