Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-14-2012, 12:18 PM   #21
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

Re: Christmas Crafting Ideas?

Does anyone have some great ideas for more assembly line gifts to sew or craft? I know that doesn't sound very personal, but I adjust colors of things and prints to each child's liking.

Some ideas that have worked great for me:
-buying a hugs stack of felt (on sale and in bulk... double discount!) and making the play mats, puppets, and felt food.
-Little Boy Wallets (they take little fabric, you can about use scraps, and adjust print to each boys' liking)
-Fairy Wands with dowel rods and felt stars on the top and ribbon streaming down

I've wondered if those animal towels are easy and fast to make? Anyone tried multiples ones of them before?

Advertisement

raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 03:42 PM   #22
gghmommy
Registered Users

Haven't read through all this, but I can't wait to do so! I need something for grandparents, our little girl who also turns 2 in December. Then on to her cousins- a 1yo and 3-3yo boys, a 4 yo girl and a 12 yo girl. If anyone has any ideas, especially for the tween I'd love to hear it! Last year for the 3 and 4 yo's I made the crayon/coloring satchels and they were very well received. One mom especially loved it for in the car or restaurant waiting time. I also made them for some friends who moved overseas and their mom loved them too and was so excited to have something fun for her girls to do on the long plane ride - and new for them since they sold or gave away most of their belongings! ok, I'm getting to rambling thanks ahead of time for the great ideas!
gghmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 03:45 PM   #23
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gghmommy
Haven't read through all this, but I can't wait to do so! I need something for grandparents, our little girl who also turns 2 in December. Then on to her cousins- a 1yo and 3-3yo boys, a 4 yo girl and a 12 yo girl. If anyone has any ideas, especially for the tween I'd love to hear it! Last year for the 3 and 4 yo's I made the crayon/coloring satchels and they were very well received. One mom especially loved it for in the car or restaurant waiting time. I also made them for some friends who moved overseas and their mom loved them too and was so excited to have something fun for her girls to do on the long plane ride - and new for them since they sold or gave away most of their belongings! ok, I'm getting to rambling thanks ahead of time for the great ideas!
For the 12y girl do a small crossbody bag for her to have in school. I know DD can Carry a purse in school it just has to be to small for her books and stuff to fit in. Crossbody bags seem to be the favorite ones.
Old 07-14-2012, 06:22 PM   #24
jennyb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by charirosey View Post
This year I'm making a batch of vanilla extract for some gifts. I found a super deal with a coop on FB for the beans and bottles. I'll get the order by mid August which is the perfect amount of time to make it. Who can't use a bottle of great extract??
i made a big batch 2 years ago and gave 'almost' all of it away as end of the year gifts for teachers and for my mom and MIL for Mother's Day ... EVERYONE LOVED IT

I should do this for Christmas

Get Cash Back from all your fave stores-Click here to join Mr. Rebates!
jennyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:12 PM   #25
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:
Old 07-16-2012, 12:31 PM   #26
Amaggiepie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I like the fish idea, this is a great tutorial I plan to try: http://leafytreetopspot.blogspot.com...hole-roll.html

Both my kids are getting knit hats and fingerless mitts. Planning on making some pajama pants for both too. I would really like to do wool mattress pads but that is more of a gift to myself than them

For the adults, I will most likely be doing homemade soaps and candles again. I did soap, candle and washcloth baskets last year and they were a HUGE hit. Also planning on some kind of photo project for my mom and dad, and homemade hard candies and Italian cookies.
Amaggiepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:50 PM   #27
amholb0
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyb View Post
I'm really wanting to make these a-frame tents for our kids this year

http://lindsayandandrew.blogspot.com...-tents_11.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac & Cheeses mom View Post
I think my nieces and nephews would live this..... Plus the parents would hate it heheh.

No but really I live this I might even have to paint names down the sides so if they end up t the cabin then they will know who's is who's.

I really love that.... I need the glow in the dark paint too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyb View Post
I figure dh can do the a-frame tents at his parents' home and then we'll store them over there ... otherwise, I don't know how/when we'd get them finished! I'm starting to make a list of who we will be gifting and then matching up ideas ... so far I've come up with:

our children
~ a-frame tents
http://pinterest.com/pin/219339444322392343/
~ cute for in their stockings:
Those of you making the tents, what ages are good for these? My cousin's children are 4 and 6 and my son is 3. I know my son would love it and probably the 4 year old, would it be too young for the 6 yr old?

amholb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:01 PM   #28
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by amholb0

Those of you making the tents, what ages are good for these? My cousin's children are 4 and 6 and my son is 3. I know my son would love it and probably the 4 year old, would it be too young for the 6 yr old?
I think that's a great age for them!
Old 10-25-2012, 02:22 PM   #29
lolson3
Registered Users
seller
seller

I love this thread! I need some inspiration, or some confirmation that my ideas would be good. I also need something that would be easy to mail as some of our family is coming here for Christmas, but the majority of the rest live all over the US.

Last year I crochet owl hats like this for my nieces and nephews ages 2 months- 18 years old (about 20 total) and EVERYONE loved them. Especially the 18 yead old. lol.

This year I am at a loss. I've debated making 2-3 reusable snack bags per child and filling them with treats, but I'm not sure everyone else would be as excited about it. I don't think our families are as green as we are, but if I make them with cute prints, they'd like them right? I have some college themed prints that I know the boys would love, and girls are easy. They'd be super cheap to make (cotton outer, rip stop nylon inner and velcro closure,) but might take as much as 1 hr a person if I t&t. If I could talk myself into just serging them it would be like 20 minutes a person. To put it in perspective though, last year I spent almost 2 hours on each person.

For my mom and in-laws I have made shutterfly calendars and they are well recieved, so I'm going to continue that.

Last edited by lolson3; 10-25-2012 at 02:26 PM.
lolson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:03 PM   #30
amholb0
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh those owls are adorable! I wish I could still crochet!

I think I'll have DH make up some tent frames for all the kids.
I'll make Lotion bars for the adults.
Hmm any ideas about a gift for a adolescent boy (he just started middle school -6th grade)

amholb0 is offline   Reply With Quote