Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-19-2012, 09:11 AM   #11
Dayzee1081
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
You ladies amaze me with your spinning abilities!

Advertisement

Dayzee1081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:37 PM   #12
fallaway
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Hi! Long time no post! Too much to get into.

So, knitting. I actually knit a fair amount this summer, but only 1 thing was actually in my plan. The others just came up - gifts etc. I was going to make 2 lovely little things for DD but it's already past mid-July, probably not worth it to start now . Do I just give up on those projects? Next year she'll be bigger (now 3) & I might not have enough of the yarn for those projects, in her bigger size .

One project was going to be the Handspun Pinafore. Maybe still do that because she can layer it when the weather gets colder?

And I need to get cracking on DS's longies, overalls, etc. Aaaaah! It's time to make something for DD next though. The last like 5 things for the kids have been for DS.

I'm fallawayslip on Rav, if you would be kind enough to ponder my queue, stash, etc.
Old 07-21-2012, 07:55 AM   #13
fallaway
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Knitters, dyers, hookers & spinners JULY!

I killed the thread :/ .
Old 07-21-2012, 08:14 AM   #14
Dayzee1081
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Nope, its been dead for a while glad to see u back!
Dayzee1081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:49 PM   #15
TeraDN
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Howdy! I am back from vacation and finished up and shipped this all out today! 11 lbs of yarny goodness!

"Beach Bum"

"Buttons"

" Glazed Brights"

"Storm Watch"

"Dazed"

"Bert 'n Ernie"

"Blessed Harvest"

"Perched" - no yellow version

"Paddington"

"Bahama Mama"
Old 07-27-2012, 12:33 PM   #16
knit~it~good
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

a few knits i finished this week!

15 inch inseam, DH's Cowgirl colorway on Gaia Aran

Crocheted hat, DH's Chinese Lanterns for Boys on BBR. It's getting matching mittens too.

My Facebook fan page!
knit~it~good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 06:08 PM   #17
bryandcam+2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi ladies. Lovee the FOs. I gotta get pics up of the stuff I have done lately. Working on an orental lily for jasmine.does anyone know if 8 oz of cw is enough to make one. I m using the trim for the waistband and and the ribbing at the top but I'm already looking like I'm not going to have enough
bryandcam+2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:33 PM   #18
Jacksmom716
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

WOOT WOOT. All that yarn is coming to my house I can't wlait Tera! It came out so beautiful! I'm sad I have to give to the rightful owners though LOL!

Alex, I love that hat...so...much! Did you make that pattern yourself?

As for me, I just finished the Jack's new blankie. I started making him one when I was still pregnant, on red heart (aka bleeding fingers) baby yarn and finished right after he was born. It is well loved, and t's SO GROSS. He's been dragging it around for the pat 1.5 years, so it's snagged and no matter how much I clean it, it smells like pee So I gave it a shot and made him a new blanket, and he LOVES it! Now I can switch the blankets out more often to wash them LOL! This one only took a month, it was so much easier to make with wool. I actually didn't want to cut my fingers off due to the pain of acrylic

now I'm not sure what to make. I have a lot of yarns screaming for love, but not sure...I'm thinking of trying an easy knitting pattern. Maybe a hat for myself.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:55 AM   #19
craftinmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallaway View Post
Hi! Long time no post! Too much to get into.

So, knitting. I actually knit a fair amount this summer, but only 1 thing was actually in my plan. The others just came up - gifts etc. I was going to make 2 lovely little things for DD but it's already past mid-July, probably not worth it to start now . Do I just give up on those projects? Next year she'll be bigger (now 3) & I might not have enough of the yarn for those projects, in her bigger size .

One project was going to be the Handspun Pinafore. Maybe still do that because she can layer it when the weather gets colder?

And I need to get cracking on DS's longies, overalls, etc. Aaaaah! It's time to make something for DD next though. The last like 5 things for the kids have been for DS.

I'm fallawayslip on Rav, if you would be kind enough to ponder my queue, stash, etc.
What about the skirt? They are usually pretty forgiving size wise and are super easy to layer for winter.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:29 AM   #20
craftinmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have been a little MIA from DS for awhile and therefore have not been posting any of my projects and have been missing out on quite a few amazing FOs from y'all I have no doubt.
I'm loving that scarf and am thinking I may have to start one. I am also loving all the spinning

So here are some things I have done in the past few months...

Longies: Scrappies from Lollytree on MMW, monsters on cestari

Shorties: MM Stormbreak on MMW, MM Stone Serpent on MMW with buttons by Aryana

Hats: Chomper Hat, HH & Mittens (GS Tranquel on BFL), and a couple bunny hats (instead of tying ribbon around the ears I made bows so they are interchangable)

Doll Stuff: Cheer Skirt on some scrap yarn I had, dress, skirt & shrug with BK&D Aegean on MMW

Misc: MM Blue Goblen on BFL Slipppers, Rainbow ball on some cotton I had, Dog Sweater on MadTosh Jade

Currently I'm working on some FM overalls with DH Homme Blue on MMW, shorties on WFW Wise, and as soon as I finish the overalls (almost done) I am casting on a Hinagiku Hat with MadTosh Smokestack.