Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-10-2012, 11:08 AM   #61
KingsDaughter76
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Your thoughts please..... and support

She works in there every sunday. :-(

Advertisement

Kellina ~Wife to a Cowboy & Christian Homeschooling Mama to 9 kids and YES we would love to have more! Baby #9 is here!! IT'S A GIRL!! Born Oct 1st 2014!!
Forever missing my 7 m/c babies now safe in the arms of Jesus EARN Amazon giftcards for FREE!! Click to sign up for SWAGBUCKS!!
KingsDaughter76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:51 AM   #62
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

There is no nursery at the kingdom hall; parents take care of their own kids, or someone else might help out by letting a child sit with them (this happens with our oldest a lot). I don't think that anyone has the right to tell another parent how to raise their children, and 13 months is way too young for "teaching a lesson". I feel that children should be a part of worship just as the parents are. Even if they are too young to really understand what is being taught, they are learning valuable lessons like listening, sitting quietly, etc.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:22 AM   #63
travelmama24
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm so sorry you went through this mama. My DD was a very calm, easy going baby. The only time she got clingy and would cry when you set her down was when she had an ear infection. She would sit on the floor & sob for what seemed like no reason at all so as I read your post I was thinking, "What if other babies react the same way when they are sick? This horrid woman could be treating sick babies that way?"

I agree with others who suggest that even though you have decided to find a new church, that you alert leaders of this church to this woman's behavior. They may not do much since you are leaving and she may have them convinced that her way is the right way, but at least you'll know that you tried to spare other kids & parents from her disgusting behavior.
travelmama24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:34 AM   #64
hailey1312
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Grace is for mama's too. It sounds like they really guilted you into leaving him. I would not leave him again with them. They can not be trusted. You are doing the right thing by letting him stay with you as long as he needs/wants. There is definately a separation anxiety period around 12 months and again at 15-18 months. My dd has only stayed in the nursery one time. I stayed with her too several times. I wouldn't leave her if she cried at all. I know some babies settle down quickly but others do not. And if you can not trust the workers or don't get good vibes from them, just don't chance it. They don't know more than you just because they work in the nursery every week. YOU know more about YOUR baby. Our mama instincts are there for a reason. If you don't want to leave this church, just keep doing your thing, the way you used to. But I wouldnt' take him back in the nursery even with you there, because the worker is just going to guilt you and now your baby will be scared of her too. I would probably just take a little bag of toys and entertain your baby in the service. If you need to take him out, go out in the foyer for a bit if possible. Honestly if my child isn't welcome in the service then I wouldn't attend.
hailey1312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:44 AM   #65
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmelody View Post
Wow. You are a strong woman. I would have been trying so hard not to slap her.
I would report it to the church and if she has to be licensed to take care of kids I would report it to the state as well. Then I would find a new church.
I could say more but I think it's best to just say
Joyful Tie Dyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:49 PM   #66
KingsDaughter76
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you again everyone for your kind replies!! :-)
Kellina ~Wife to a Cowboy & Christian Homeschooling Mama to 9 kids and YES we would love to have more! Baby #9 is here!! IT'S A GIRL!! Born Oct 1st 2014!!
Forever missing my 7 m/c babies now safe in the arms of Jesus EARN Amazon giftcards for FREE!! Click to sign up for SWAGBUCKS!!
KingsDaughter76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:59 AM   #67
TexasHeatherLynn
Registered Users
seller

I just ran across this, and I am saddened so much by how you and your sweet baby were treated.

We recently started attending a family integrated church and we love it. There are large families, and everyone is accepting of baby noise. Maybe there is something similar in your area? (I know this post is old, but wanted to throw that out there.)

Can I ask which state you live in?
Riley & Dusty, twins lost 12/11 & 31/03~~Brody born still 5/28/05
TexasHeatherLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:59 AM   #68
TexasHeatherLynn
Registered Users
seller

I just ran across this, and I am saddened so much by how you and your sweet baby were treated.

We recently started attending a family integrated church and we love it. There are large families, and everyone is accepting of baby noise. Maybe there is something similar in your area? (I know this post is old, but wanted to throw that out there.)

Can I ask which state you live in?
Riley & Dusty, twins lost 12/11 & 31/03~~Brody born still 5/28/05
TexasHeatherLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:10 AM   #69
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

It's a church nursery, not school. You don't have to leave your child there and shouldn't be coerced into doing it. You can stay with your child if you want. They are not experts on raising children and have no right to question your parenting (as long as you're not abusing your child). I'd probably never leave my child there again with that caregiver. She probably doesn't like you in the nursery because she can't be a big meaning to the children. I'd arrange a meeting with your pastor. You don't necessarily need to leave the church, you just don't want to leave your child in the nursery. Perhaps they need a nursery coordinator with training in early childhood development and perhaps they should have training for the volunteers. Also, why is she in there every week? Shouldn't there be a rotation so that she's in the service sometime? Another option is becoming a volunteer in the nursery so you no one can be snarky about you staying.

ETA: The more I think about it the more upset I get. She pressures you to leave your baby, then punishes him for being upset and then ignores him when he wants comforting or attention? What the heck is she so busy doing? Isn't she supposed to be taking care of the children not leaving them to cry in a corner? It's just wrong in so many ways. It's not your fault mama, who'd think someone would do that. You expect them to cuddle and comfort your child, not traumatize him. You're very luck she was so proud of herself and told you what she did or you'd never know and it could have happened again.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys

Last edited by chandni3; 10-10-2012 at 10:54 AM.
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:34 AM   #70
Angel89411
Banned

people make me second guess myself at times, too. And church or no church, I'd have told her exactly what I thought of her methods.
Angel89411 is offline   Reply With Quote