Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-09-2012, 03:08 PM   #11
PamelaP
Registered Users

Re: My sister in law has lice and my kids were blamed...

I think there is absolutely no reason for you to be blamed ... she has zero evidence that it would have come from your family! Guilty conscience much?

Advertisement

PamelaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:15 PM   #12
fussybutt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Maybe I'm a little passive aggressive but I would shoot a text back saying "No, my kids don't have lice. Thank you for the heads up that they may have gotten it from her though. I'll send an extra brush with next time."
Old 07-09-2012, 03:18 PM   #13
lalaura
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by badmisterkitty
Yeah, if they got it from your family then you would have it. It's not like lice just goes away on it's own.

Google some pictures. It's not hard to spot once you know what you are looking for.
I googled and I don't even see anything that looks like that. Nor do I see anything that resembles a white egg or even a dandruff flake

please excuse craziness - I am on my phone

Proud SAHM to 2 beautiful girls J (03/11/07) and Z (01/18/10)
lalaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:39 PM   #14
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalaura

I googled and I don't even see anything that looks like that. Nor do I see anything that resembles a white egg or even a dandruff flake

That's great! Just watch over the next few days to make sure. No need to treat unless they have it. I would however wash and dry anything they took with them including toys, and linen.

Lice are like fleas, they are host friendly; meaning unless they out grow their host they will not leave to find a new one.

Last edited by Mac & Cheeses mom; 07-09-2012 at 03:40 PM.
Mac & Cheeses mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:41 PM   #15
sojomisa
Registered
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by fussybutt View Post
Maybe I'm a little passive aggressive but I would shoot a text back saying "No, my kids don't have lice. Thank you for the heads up that they may have gotten it from her though. I'll send an extra brush with next time."
I'd be tempted to send this.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain. - Vivian Greene
sojomisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:46 PM   #16
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sojomisa

I'd be tempted to send this.
I would do it. Just because you have kids doesn't mean your the reason. She could have gotten it from the salon!

Last edited by Mac & Cheeses mom; 07-09-2012 at 03:58 PM.
Mac & Cheeses mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:56 PM   #17
drunkenmonkeysmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fussybutt
There is no doubt I would send this back!
Old 07-09-2012, 04:11 PM   #18
Bukawww
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
My kids had lice for quite a while before I found an adult bug. I felt terrible. They kept itching like crazy. Id check periodically and swear thy just had dandruff. Once we discovered an actual mature bug, we started treatment - there were literally hundreds of bugs in their shower caps.

I would go ahead and oil their heads up overnight and see if anyone tries to escape...if no bugs are found in the morning's cap, id say you are fine. If you do find any, just oil their heads every other day for 2.5 weeks. No need to wash everything, bag anything etc. its a bit of a PITA to sleep with oily heads but its 100% effective and less bothersome washing everything daily which is possibly only 80% effective at best. Picking nits sucks as well. Not necessary with the oil method.
DS WAHM thread
Bukawww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:14 PM   #19
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bukawww
My kids had lice for quite a while before I found an adult bug. I felt terrible. They kept itching like crazy. Id check periodically and swear thy just had dandruff. Once we discovered an actual mature bug, we started treatment - there were literally hundreds of bugs in their shower caps.

I would go ahead and oil their heads up overnight and see if anyone tries to escape...if no bugs are found in the morning's cap, id say you are fine. If you do find any, just oil their heads every other day for 2.5 weeks. No need to wash everything, bag anything etc. its a bit of a PITA to sleep with oily heads but its 100% effective and less bothersome washing everything daily which is possibly only 80% effective at best. Picking nits sucks as well. Not necessary with the oil method.
I never knew this method I will have to keep it in mind because I am pest phobic! I stress the no sharing hats coats brushes.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:19 PM   #20
lalaura
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fussybutt
Well the ironic part is they had their own brush. I don't let my girls use anyone else's - not even mine.

Proud SAHM to 2 beautiful girls J (03/11/07) and Z (01/18/10)
lalaura is offline   Reply With Quote