Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-10-2012, 10:58 PM   #11
willownz
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: considering IUD - opinions?

I had a copper IUD and loved it. I get faint, dizzy and nauseous on low dose BC pills and have break through bleeding with high dose pills.
The only thing with the copper is it makes your periods heavy, it made my anaemia worse so bad I was getting migraines and had to take iron pills daily.
I am going to try a Mirena next time if we decide not to have a #5.

Advertisement

Old 07-10-2012, 11:03 PM   #12
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have Mirena for right at a year and have had no issues.
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:19 AM   #13
Leaner
Registered Users

My Mood:

Mirena gave me migraines and made me have NO sex drive. Not a good fit for me. Considering copper IUD but hoping DH will get a V eventually.
Leaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 03:07 PM   #14
bodiemama
Registered Users

I got the Mirena 4 months ago. I don't know if it was just me, bit it was TERRIBLE getting it in. I had natural childbirth and the afterpains from the IUD were comparable to early labor. But my uterus is crazy with contractions (7-10 cm in 15 min) so it may have just been me. I haven't heard anyone else say anything about it.

I have spotting but that's supposed to go away within the first 6 months. It's getting lighter and less frequent. I don't notice any effects of the hormones and that's coming from someone who was greatly affected by the mini-pill. I'm also not pregnant! So it's doing it's job!

I hope this is coming off as a positive review because I really like the Mirena. I hate taking pills, I hate the Nuva Ring, I HATED the shot. And I got pregnant twice on FAM. So yeah, Mirena is a good fit for me but everyone is different.
bodiemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 07:54 PM   #15
terrordactyl
Registered Users
seller

thank you for all the responses i'd love anymore if anyone has any.
terrordactyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 07:58 PM   #16
kellyzaney
Registered Users

I JUST posted about this. I had a negative experience with the copper IUD. It punctured my cervix in three places and was embedded so bad I almost had to have it surgically removed. No fun at all. Boo. Wish it would have worked!! It was awesome other than that!
kellyzaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:37 PM   #17
mommagruber
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have used both actually.
I had the Mirena for 5 years after my fourth child. I did end up having no period at all within the first six months, which I loved! But, I would still get the symptoms of my cycle. The acne actually was a constant battle for about the first year that I had the Mirena and then I guess my body got used to it and it slacked off. My biggest problem with it was I couldn't loose weight! At all! Nothing I did helped. I had it inserted at my 6 week checkup after dd and held at the same weight until it was removed. I didn't seem to gain either, but I couldn't loose. I had it removed and we got pregnant with #5 very quickly ~ I think it was my first cycle afterwards. My dh doesn't think he wants more (I don't agree) so after yds I got the Paraguard. (Sept '10)Dr said it had higher cramping and heavier bleeding. I didn't really experience any of that at first, but for aout the past 6 months I have been having heavy cramping and have had a shorter period between each cycle, it is awful!!! Also, seem to have much worse migraines. So, I am seriously thinking about having it removed. The overall experience of the Mirena was MUCH better for me. But I didn't like that it took so long for my body to adjust to having it and I wouldn't do it again.
If you have any specific questions at all, please feel free to ask, or pm me.
www.hyenacart.com/littlebitbusy
mommagruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:36 AM   #18
mommagruber
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
You ladies aren't going to believe this, but I just found out yesterday, that I am pregnant! With the paragard in place!
What are the odds, after I just posted in this thread two days ago!
I have an ultrasound this morning to check on the baby and on the placement of the paragard and I guess we will go from there.
Prayers are very much appreciated!!!
www.hyenacart.com/littlebitbusy
mommagruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:30 PM   #19
Kap7270
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommagruber View Post
You ladies aren't going to believe this, but I just found out yesterday, that I am pregnant! With the paragard in place!
What are the odds, after I just posted in this thread two days ago!
I have an ultrasound this morning to check on the baby and on the placement of the paragard and I guess we will go from there.
Prayers are very much appreciated!!!
Hope everything is okay with the little one. Sending prayers your way.
Kap7270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:04 PM   #20
jessnic
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrordactyl
So is there anyone out there who has either one who has sensitivity to hormones from other BC's and could tell me how they have reacted to it.
I am super sensitive to bc hormones. I have had my mirena since february and love it! I feel normal with it. I want to be pregnant again but DS is a high maitenance surprise baby. I need time before baby #2, and I didnt feel confident on the mini pill. I really havent had many if any side effects. I am still able to.breastfeed at a year with no issues.

On my smart phone which is clearly not as smart as it seems to believe