Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-20-2012, 03:59 PM   #91
crunchymom2b
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss Thread

Sarah- I'm so sorry about the spotting but I'm so thrilled to see you here. I've silently followed your story and it breaks my heart. There's another mama on here, blanking on her username, but she had 3 earlier losses and they tested her DH by mistake and found out that they both had a rare blood issue that caused a very high m/c rate. I'm sure they've tested you more than is even possible though and I'm sure you're sick of it by now. But I'vebeen praying like crazy that this is your time.

Cristy- as sucky as it must feel, I'm so excited you're getting sick this time! I remember you getting nervous about not feeling sick last time.

Advertisement

Alycia + Tom = 2 Labor Day babies! Tommy (9/09) + Vinny (9/12)
Under construction: unexpectedly expecting in 2015!
crunchymom2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:17 PM   #92
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

yeah, we have tested everything *sigh*

I'm having cramps now. Still not much spotting, but I'm just... not surprised. I expect to miscarry. I think my husband feels the same way.
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
yellowitchgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:37 PM   #93
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeyer76 View Post
Here's a question for you gals.... I am seriously so bloated in the afternoon/evenings that I look 5 months pregnant. My cousin's bridal shower is tomorrow afternoon and all of my clothes make me look either super fat or super pregnant. At 5w I am totally not ready for anyone to ask me if I'm pregnant, but since I won't be drinking and I'll probably look like I'm smuggling out a present under my shirt, I'm kinda terrified that someone will ask (its mostly family so the boundaries will be loose). Which look would you go for?
I am going through the same thing but I am attending a wedding tomorrow evening as a guest. I do not know if you own a pair but I seriously recommend wearing Spanx. I tend not to like tight things on my belly in the first trimester but these are only a little tighter then maternity bands. They help smooth everything out. I am going to wear those and my Two Birds dress, I highly highly recommend those dresses for any mama. They are technically a bridesmaid dress but I have the tea length dress in plum and it looks like a normal dress, it hides the belly well and you can wear it fully preggo. No really, they ROCK!
Old 07-20-2012, 04:45 PM   #94
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

if it were me I'd probably just be fat and say I didn't feel fantastic so I didn't want to drink.
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:40 PM   #95
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowitchgrl
if it were me I'd probably just be fat and say I didn't feel fantastic so I didn't want to drink.
Me too!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using DS Forum
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:21 PM   #96
hohaas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Saw this thread and thought I'd pop in. Wishing all you ladies the best. I know how hard PAL can be. I lost my daughter Carleigh almost 3 1/2 yrs ago. She had a fatal condition and was born still at 37 wks. I've had 2 rainbow pregnancies since resulting in 2 healthy little girls. The 1st one was def more nerve wracking but I worried during both. I count my blessings and am thankful every day for all 4 of my girls that I have carried.

What helped me during my pregnancies was getting a doppler to hear the HB. I didn't use it as much once I felt movement but it gave me more peace of mind knowing I had it. Also, the support of those who had been there or were there with me. Those who haven't lost just don't get it. Having a provider who fully supported me was very important and I was lucky to have that.

Just remember that every day you have with your baby no matter what is precious. You only have to take it one day at a time.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:09 PM   #97
girlichick
Registered Users
seller

Also coming in to say hi . I am 34.5 weeks pregnant with our rainbow baby, due in August. We lost our daughter Abigail last June to an umbilical cord accident (torsion) at 25 weeks. I know cord accidents are so unlikely to repeat, but this pregnancy has definitely been a roller coaster of ups and downs. We had no reason to suspect anything was wrong with Abby, I have 3 living children and everything during her pregnancy was picture perfect. It has definitely made me more aware of how quickly things can change.

I have a Doppler too and used it frequently in the beginning, and I still listen every couple of days to her even though I have been feeling her move since about 16 weeks. These last few weeks are feeling SO long. We're using the birth center again (after consulting with our mw and several OBs) and I tend to go overdue so I'm feeling a lot of anxiety as my due date approaches. I just want everything to work correctly and trust that it will go the way it should... It's so hard! I am having a hard time picturing her actually living. Glad there is another group of moms who get it.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:26 PM   #98
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think you said it perfectly, Lynn. I can't imagine my baby actually living. Dead I can see. I had to stop myself today from thinking about what thank you gift I'll send to the funeral home this time, but of course not until I got it planned out.

My cramping stopped after I changed pants so that's something. I'm not really spotting. It doesn't smell like blood. Ya know that lovely mother's nose? Mine is perfect (yuck). I can tell you which baby pooped based on smell. I wore a cloth pad all day and no blood smell so I'm going to try to just let go of it.

I just can't picture it happening for me. I watched The Business of Being Born again tonight and I just kept thinking "that's great for them, and I've had my home births now (with Zach and Toby), but they were just so small and a few minutes after birth they went into their coffins." There was no joy filled celebration. I feel like that's over for me.

Several people have told me that Luke (who is 4.5) needs a smaller sibling and I totally agree, but I just feel like the only real chance we stand with that is adoption.

Gah, I'm normally not so doom and gloom. Today is just one of those days.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:58 PM   #99
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowitchgrl View Post
Gah, I'm normally not so doom and gloom. Today is just one of those days.
We all have them.
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:13 PM   #100
cristy_1996
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchymom2b View Post
Sarah- I'm so sorry about the spotting but I'm so thrilled to see you here. I've silently followed your story and it breaks my heart. There's another mama on here, blanking on her username, but she had 3 earlier losses and they tested her DH by mistake and found out that they both had a rare blood issue that caused a very high m/c rate. I'm sure they've tested you more than is even possible though and I'm sure you're sick of it by now. But I'vebeen praying like crazy that this is your time.

Cristy- as sucky as it must feel, I'm so excited you're getting sick this time! I remember you getting nervous about not feeling sick last time.
Yes, and this is what the doctor said..he said I would welcome the sickness and he was right!

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/CristyGriffith
cristy_1996 is offline   Reply With Quote