Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-15-2012, 07:25 PM   #31
*Katherine*
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss Thread

Can I jump in here? I had one loss between my girls and then 2 after (one was a partial molar pregnancy which was absolutely devastating). We were not trying and after my latest loss in Sept, we had decided not to try again and be happy with our girls. Surprise surprise, I get a BFP 2 weeks after we officially decided to stop. I've been nervous the entire time. A doppler was my saving grace in the early weeks and was worth every penny I spent. It's so unfair to have been robbed of a blissful pregnancy

To top it off, I'll have to have my placenta analyzed after I give birth for residual molar cells and if there are, I get to go through the regiment of weekly blood tests until HCG is 0 and then monthly tests So I'm hoping that I am molar cell free!

Advertisement

Old 07-16-2012, 03:19 AM   #32
lilbitcrunchy
Registered Users
Formerly: lovnbabygabi
seller

My Mood:

Welcome Katherine My last m/c was a surprise baby and I thought for sure it was just meant to be. I was so devastated to lose that one. I really hope you're molar free! How has your pregnancy been otherwise? I'm curious to see how number 3 treats me. I've loved being pregnant so far.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:29 AM   #33
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:
Welcome Katherine!

For those of you who've had a 2nd tri (or later) loss, were you considered high risk with your next pregnancy?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using DS Forum
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:51 AM   #34
*Katherine*
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Heather, all of my losses were surprises and I felt so guilty because I wasn't 100% in it. This one being a surprise as well has given me some guilt. This third pregnancy has been ok. It feels harder on my body, but I am older than I was with the girls, so that's probably part of it
Old 07-16-2012, 12:15 PM   #35
brookglen
Registered Users

Katherine, I agree on feeling robbed, I realized that I'm really pissed that I can't seem to just connect with this pregnancy. It's been filled with worry and nail biting. I can't wait for the second trimester to just be here already so that I can give this kid a little personality in my mind.
brookglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:11 PM   #36
abhernandez
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookglen View Post
Katherine, I agree on feeling robbed, I realized that I'm really pissed that I can't seem to just connect with this pregnancy. It's been filled with worry and nail biting. I can't wait for the second trimester to just be here already so that I can give this kid a little personality in my mind.
So true. I have like zero connection with this pregnancy. I'm half tempted to find out gender at 20 weeks just so I'll feel more.... bonded somehow if I can give the kid a name. We'll see. And hang in there... we're inching closer and closer to the second tri.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:33 PM   #37
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hi Ladies, jumping in
We got our BFP today!! It took 4.5 years to get our twin girls so after their birth we did NTNP and got preggo with another set of twins when the girls were 9 months old. We lost one right away and the second, River, much much later in the second trimester. I am very thankful it only took 2 cycles to get preggo again and I am going to try very hard to enjoy every minute of this pregnancy. However, I have to admit I am freaked out!
Old 07-17-2012, 04:17 PM   #38
abhernandez
Registered Users

I'm mostly posting to keep this thread bumped. But also because I'm hyperventilating about my follow 11 week u/s tomorrow. I hate u/s. I really do. The scare the c*** out of me. And then I start freaking out about 30 min after because mc #2 happened right after an us. And so they make me crazy. But until stupid extra sac goes away. I have to have them every 2-3 weeks.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:03 PM   #39
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhernandez
I'm mostly posting to keep this thread bumped. But also because I'm hyperventilating about my follow 11 week u/s tomorrow. I hate u/s. I really do. The scare the c*** out of me. And then I start freaking out about 30 min after because mc #2 happened right after an us. And so they make me crazy. But until stupid extra sac goes away. I have to have them every 2-3 weeks.
Here's to hoping that extra sac is gone at tomorrow's scan!

I'm really not looking fwd to any scans. Yet anyways. They really only guarantee life at that exact moment, nothing in the future.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using DS Forum
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 06:06 PM   #40
brookglen
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpossible View Post
Hi Ladies, jumping in
We got our BFP today!! It took 4.5 years to get our twin girls so after their birth we did NTNP and got preggo with another set of twins when the girls were 9 months old. We lost one right away and the second, River, much much later in the second trimester. I am very thankful it only took 2 cycles to get preggo again and I am going to try very hard to enjoy every minute of this pregnancy. However, I have to admit I am freaked out!
Congrats!
brookglen is offline   Reply With Quote