Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-11-2012, 02:58 PM   #31
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Re: What's the right thing to do NEW ISSUE IN POST 23

I think I'd tell her the same thing. jeez you couldn't have gone more out of your way to make her happy. Some people's children.

Advertisement

3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:12 PM   #32
Cute Little Bugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Can feedback be left on this swap board?

Amanda www.cutelittlebugs.com
Get 5% off with code DSFIVE
Cute Little Bugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:52 PM   #33
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would not refund her. She can get the snap replaced.

If she opens a dispute in paypal, provide them with pictures that show the diaper had all the snaps and tell them she says she realized the snap was missing while drying the item.

If the snap was missing when it arrived to her, she would have noticed. This happened while the item was in her possession

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:26 PM   #34
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
Was it here? Washed = yours, especially if the issue occurred after washing. The snap was there when she got it.

I would politely explain to her that when you sold it and sent it (and presumably when she received it, as she didn't complain upon receipt right?) the snap was still there. You disclosed it was a 2nd, and may end up having issues due to that, but was fully functional when it left your hands. I would also mention that you went above and beyond what most personal sellers would do, by contacting the company and arranging for repair. If she doesn't want it repaired that way, that's fine. But that you won't be refunding her anything, as it isn't your fault. I would apologize she's having issues, and recommend contacting the company herself with any further complaints, as there is nothing more you can do for her.

ETA: I wouldn't refund and be out shipping, plus have to sell for less or have the snap repaired that was damaged in her possession. That isn't fair to you.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum

Last edited by Hillargh; 07-11-2012 at 05:28 PM.
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:00 PM   #35
s@hmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

I would do exactly as you stated. Since she washed you really aren't required to do anything. If she files with pp she will get squat. Your offer is more than generous.
s@hmommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:06 PM   #36
ChihuahuaMama13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillargh
Was it here? Washed = yours, especially if the issue occurred after washing. The snap was there when she got it.

I would politely explain to her that when you sold it and sent it (and presumably when she received it, as she didn't complain upon receipt right?) the snap was still there. You disclosed it was a 2nd, and may end up having issues due to that, but was fully functional when it left your hands. I would also mention that you went above and beyond what most personal sellers would do, by contacting the company and arranging for repair. If she doesn't want it repaired that way, that's fine. But that you won't be refunding her anything, as it isn't your fault. I would apologize she's having issues, and recommend contacting the company herself with any further complaints, as there is nothing more you can do for her.

ETA: I wouldn't refund and be out shipping, plus have to sell for less or have the snap repaired that was damaged in her possession. That isn't fair to you.

This.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:52 PM   #37
Kristi26
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You absolutely should not refund. The snap broke off while in HER possession and in HER washing machine. That isn't your fault.
-Kristi,wife(5/02), , HSing, CDing,SAHM to Andrew(1/00), Lukas(2/03),Lily (1/06),and Ian (5/09) !Sweet Gwen, stillborn, 12/26/11, angel baby 7/08 Free History plans and more here: http://themommywriter.blogspot.com/
Kristi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:25 PM   #38
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~happy2Bamommy~ View Post
I would not refund her. She can get the snap replaced.

If she opens a dispute in paypal, provide them with pictures that show the diaper had all the snaps and tell them she says she realized the snap was missing while drying the item.

If the snap was missing when it arrived to her, she would have noticed. This happened while the item was in her possession
^ there you have it, from the keyboard of an admin

If i bought a shirt from you, washed it, and my washer made a hole in it...that isnt' your fault....neither is this.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:53 PM   #39
drunkenmonkeysmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillargh View Post

This.
You have gone above and beyond what is required of you. There is nothing more that you should have to do. You sent her a functional diaper, she broke it, and you are offering to fix it. I would absolutely not refund her.
I would politely tell her that you feel bad that she broke the snap, but you have gone far more than what you are responsible for. She can either take you up on your offer and have a brand new diaper to replace the one that she broke for a little less than $2 more, or she can file with pay pal and will lose out all together.
Do not be bullied, this is not your fault.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:28 PM   #40
aflyingbuttress
Registered Users
seller
seller

Even if the snap had been missing upon receipt, it was her responsibility to look it over carefully and make sure there were no issues BEFORE washing. If she didn't, that's on her.

She needs to take some responsibility for herself. This is a risk you take when buying used diapers. All you can do as a seller is describe the current condition, you can't predict the future. As a buyer, all you can do is look a diaper over when you get it and make sure it's in the condition described. Beyond that, it's really out if anyone's control and for her to expect you to have foreseen this is absolutely ridiculous and expecting way too much of you.
aflyingbuttress is offline   Reply With Quote