Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-12-2012, 10:51 PM   #11
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: How much does your child eat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamsMama View Post
I remember when I was breastfeeding (lasted two weeks before the pain was just too much) I thought Will was eating SO much and was going to look like a SUMO. This appetite continued when I was FF/pumping. Then right before 2 months he started hating his bottles and every feeding would be a battle...diagnosed with reflux (is this the doc's answer for everything?) and after 1.5 more months he started eating well again.

When he was 4.5 to 5 months old, he was having 6-7 ounces every 4 hours, for a total between 30 and 35 ounces a day.

Unfortunately, now he is 6.5 months and he acts just TOO busy to eat and we are hating the bottle again. He eats at night, which I am trying to break him of, and hardly anything during the day. I miss the days when he had an appetite!! I'm trying to get 28 ounces a day in him so he can go the night without eating.

Oh, and he is on Enfamil Gentlease.
It's hard to feed lo's around 6 months, especially if they are between growth spurts. I remember DS went through something similar. DS also repeatedly woke to eat at night until he was almost a year. From what I heard, breastfed babies do the same thing around that age.

Advertisement

Old 07-14-2012, 12:29 PM   #12
WilliamsMama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueone View Post
It's hard to feed lo's around 6 months, especially if they are between growth spurts. I remember DS went through something similar. DS also repeatedly woke to eat at night until he was almost a year. From what I heard, breastfed babies do the same thing around that age.
Thanks for the info, here's hoping he'll grow out of it soon! I DREAD feeding time everyday...he seems somewhat interested in a sippy, but can't figure out the spill-proof ones, so when I help him with one half of it ends up on his front.
WilliamsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:34 AM   #13
Hi-Dog
Registered Users
seller
seller

DD is 13 weeks and drinks 6 oz every 4 hours or so (more often if she's having a growth spurt!). Sometimes she'll go 6 hours at night. I also BF her whatever she can get out of me 3-4 times a day on days I work and more often on my days off. She is on Gerber Good Start Gentle.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:10 PM   #14
zippyelf
Registered Users

My LO is 3 months and takes 5-6oz every 3-4 hours. She STTN so she calorie-loads during the day and eats a ton.
zippyelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:18 PM   #15
crashgrl1221
Registered Users
seller

My little one is 4 months and eats 6-8 oz four times a day. (Except right now since she has an ear infection )
crashgrl1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:50 PM   #16
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
DD always took 5oz every 2 hours. From 2months to 12months.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:05 PM   #17
kristynfreese
Registered Users
seller

My baby girl is almost 4 months she was breasted the first month but after that she was eating 2 oz every 2 hours then moved to 3 oz every 3 hours lol she does eat 5-6 oz at night which is weird
kristynfreese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:15 AM   #18
okdavis
Registered Users
seller

During the day, DS, who is six weeks old, takes 5-6 ounces every 2.5-4 hours. At night, he switches over to about 3 ounces every 4 hours. Sometimes he'll start to eat and act like a crazy man so I think he'll eat more, but he always stops himself at 5-6.
okdavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:11 PM   #19
AlexsMom2011
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamsMama
I remember when I was breastfeeding (lasted two weeks before the pain was just too much) I thought Will was eating SO much and was going to look like a SUMO. This appetite continued when I was FF/pumping. Then right before 2 months he started hating his bottles and every feeding would be a battle...diagnosed with reflux (is this the doc's answer for everything?) and after 1.5 more months he started eating well again.

When he was 4.5 to 5 months old, he was having 6-7 ounces every 4 hours, for a total between 30 and 35 ounces a day.

Unfortunately, now he is 6.5 months and he acts just TOO busy to eat and we are hating the bottle again. He eats at night, which I am trying to break him of, and hardly anything during the day. I miss the days when he had an appetite!! I'm trying to get 28 ounces a day in him so he can go the night without eating.

Oh, and he is on Enfamil Gentlease.
Lol at him being too busy to eat!! My DS does the same thing. It is a co stand battle right now to get 25oz in him a day! He doesn't wake at night for feeds anymore and most days he'll only take 20oz at just over 7 1/2 mo. He eats his purées pretty well tho, as long as they are all mixed with bananas!! Lol. He is just a busy little boy and heaven forbid he stop bouncing/playing/ scooting to eat something. Lol.
AlexsMom2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:41 PM   #20
mollywol
Registered Users

My DD takes between 4 and 6.5 ounces every 3.5 to 4 hours, she is six weeks old. I feel like this is a ton but she is not spitting up and acts like she is starving before I feed her. She is on enfamil newborn formula and other than some constipation, tolerates it very well. Does this sound strange to anyone?
mollywol is offline   Reply With Quote