Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-11-2012, 09:53 AM   #1
Brandy1010
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Second + children...

What did you find you needed/didn't need with your second + children? Besides the obvious (diapers, crib, etc) what did or didnt you like or wish you had that you didnt have with your first. More bibs because you dont have as much time to do laundry with more than one child.. Didnt need milk storage bags because i was able to ebf thia time.... Things like that. Thanks!

Advertisement

Brandy1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:55 AM   #2
Bmomma2C
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Second + children...

Haven't had another yet but I can tell you we WILL do without MOST of the gear. No need for Exersaucer and Jumperoo, swing and bouncer, etc. And wayyyyyy less clothes.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:02 AM   #3
isaacsmum
Registered Users

Needs would be diapers, clothes, bottles and pumping supplies (since In WOH), a double stroller, a baby carrier, car seat, a bouncy chair, and a handful of toys. No crib or other baby-holding contraptions aside from the one bouncer. I wished I had started babywearing from the start with my first, and so with my second I had a wrap waiting for us when we got home from the hospital. I've cut back considerably in the amount of stuff we have. I had so much that I didn't really *need* the first time around. I'd have less now too if grandparents weren't constantly buying toys and clothes for the kiddos!
Old 07-11-2012, 10:09 AM   #4
d_arnold
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmomma2C View Post
Haven't had another yet but I can tell you we WILL do without MOST of the gear. No need for Exersaucer and Jumperoo, swing and bouncer, etc. And wayyyyyy less clothes.
Totally agree. We didn't need half of what we had.
Wife of 6 years to DH, Momma to DD (3), and expecting Baby Girl #2 in May 2015
d_arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:17 AM   #5
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

A baby containment item was essential here. When it's time to attend to the other kids, it's nice to do it without a baby on my back sometimes. I didn't bother with bibs and whatnot, but I'm blessed with kids that don't make messes with baby food and bottles/nursing. Easy to reach snacks for the older kids was nice because they could get it and bring it to me when i was nursin gif they wanted something. I didnt always have to get up mid nursing session.

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:01 AM   #6
my2sweets
Registered Users

My Mood:
Dp

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).

Last edited by my2sweets; 07-11-2012 at 11:02 AM.
my2sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:01 AM   #7
my2sweets
Registered Users

My Mood:
I discovered babywearing with dd2 so with this one I wont even bother with the huge infant stroller. I want things that will do double duty like the infant rocker that becomes a swing. I had a reg highchair with dd1 but after it broke I got a fisher price booster and only used that with dd2 and I plan on doing the same with this one. No pump! If I cant bf this time around I refuse to tie myself to that stupid thing for 5+hrs a day for months on end. And less toys. An infant doesnt need 3 big rubbermaid bins of toys I want more sleep sacks and swaddle blankets this time. Oh and wipeable bibs.

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).

Last edited by my2sweets; 07-11-2012 at 11:03 AM.
my2sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:07 AM   #8
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

I *needed* a baby carrier (or 6 ) with my second, it was nice for my first but essential with a toddler and a newb. We cut way back on everything else - clothes, gear, bedding, etc. We had 6 muslin blankets, about 12 outfits per size, baby carriers, a swing, a cradle, a car seat and diapers for DD, and it was perfect.

Last edited by sisu; 07-11-2012 at 11:09 AM.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:07 AM   #9
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
For our second we went to the thrift store and hand me downs if we had to get new we did.

We got a gifted a cheap crib. We found for 10 bucks a portable swing rather then the full size (this was awesome for family gatherings). We also got clearance clothes, a crib set.

The big thing is I got the infant bucket seat, but I got the stroller that was just the frame to snap it onto. Then when it came to get a reg stroller got a more light weight one. We also and her next carseat was a convertible one.

We also bought as we needed stuff. This was easy to do because we got gift cards when she was born.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:17 AM   #10
seacat
Registered Users
seller

We were team green with DS2 and I didn't buy any clothes. Turns out we didn't need any because it was another boy. I didn't really buy anything aside from setting up a nursery which has been a complete waste because he's still in our bed at seven months. What I have is a fancy area to change diapers in. What is it about being pregnant that makes you want to get all that done. We do a lot of baby wearing, I needed less bottles because DS2 is more of a boob guy, and I do love my exersaucers and swing because I alway need a free hand with a two year old. I am just now using that double stroller that I had to have. It was really pretty boring because I didn't "really" need to buy a thing. I am getting rid of all my baby bathing contraptions because I found I just wiped him off for the most part and they took up room.
seacat is offline   Reply With Quote