Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-11-2012, 10:24 AM   #1
amholley
Registered Users
seller

Best stroller for Disney World

We are planning a trip to Disney World with our 2.5 year old and 15 month old. Since there will be a lot if walking we will need to use a stroller. Has anyone gone with children similar to these ages and if so, what stroller would you recommend or not recommend? We are going with my inlaws and brother in law and wife so there will be 6 adults to 2 kids. I was looking at a side-by-side but am not sure. I was also considering two cheap single umbrella strollers. Any input is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Advertisement

amholley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:30 AM   #2
MomdeIsla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Best stroller for Disney World

I would rent a double citi mini....many many private places rent them and deliver to your hotel. They are very light weight for doubles, and maneuver on a dime....in fact the one I rented turned tighter than my single umbrella....the cost is the same for a double or two singles if your party will split up. I had my 3 & 5 yr old in one double....they almost fully recline and have a huge double canopy. Magic Strollers and Orlando Stroller rental are two of the companies that deliver to the WDW area hotels. This rental is about half what it costs to rent a big plastic stroller at the gate....and you have the same stroller for the length of your stay.

If you need the small umbrella for the airport...I would just take one for the younger child.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:45 AM   #3
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Are you staying in one of the disney resorts.

We are going and we will rent a double stroller at the park--reasons

I do not want to break down my stroller getting on and off the buses

We will have park hopper so when we are done with one park we can drop of the stroller get a ticket, get on the bus to another park and pick up a stroller at the new park.

It is more convienant for me this way. I will have my ergo for my then 1yr old until we get to the park and then if my older child gets too tired I will also put her in there ergo.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:54 AM   #4
WishingTree
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Having a big stroller and using the Trams, monorail, etc. is NO fun!! We have the Britax B Ready and its great just strolling around, but having to fold it up and transport it on the Trams and stuff was awful. I will be renting the park strollers next time for sure!!
WishingTree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:55 AM   #5
JoeysMomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

You'll probably want something that can recline (so they can nap in the stroller) and something with a good hood/shade since it's almost always hot and sunny in Orlando.

The strollers they rent at Disney are hard, do not recline and are not soft or good for napping in!
Old 07-11-2012, 10:57 AM   #6
mommieofpees
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love the Phil and teds with the double seat=)
Old 07-11-2012, 11:00 AM   #7
Nicolenutt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
We've used our peg aria two years in a row now. Very easy to maneuver and fold down. It folds pretty slim for the bus if you're staying in the park. I would definitely recommend adding some sort of adult cupholder system to make your life easier though
Old 07-11-2012, 11:43 AM   #8
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Renting a single stroller for the day at Disneyland costs $15! An umbrella stroller at Walmart is $15.00.

I took DD to Disneyland last month. Do to space concerns we could not take our huge jogger. We took an umbrella and it was fine. However with 2 kids, I would want a double. Otherwise... 2 adults have to help push the kids and thus 2 adults can't ride the rides.

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:52 AM   #9
champatlife
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdesonia View Post
Renting a single stroller for the day at Disneyland costs $15! An umbrella stroller at Walmart is $15.00.

I 2 adults have to help push the kids and thus 2 adults can't ride the rides.
but then the one waiting would have company.

We went to disney 4 days (2 days was just our family, 2 days my daughters' godfather and GF joined us) I was so bored just waiting around by myself with the baby and I know my husband always looked miserable when I returned) and a lot of the rides my little (9 months at the time) could go on just not the rollercoaster type.

I think pushing a double stroller would be a bit of a nightmare, but doable-we used a carrier and britax blink. I'd suggest whichever you choose look for the aftermarket canopys to add on. We got one for $20 off amazon full inclosure with "screen option" too.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:18 PM   #10
catilina
Registered Users
seller

I wouldn't do a cheap umbrella, unless you are very short! Our last Disneyland trip we just used a cheapo umbrella stroller and it was miserable! My DH and I are both tall so we were just uncomfortable the entire time, and the stroller didn't maneuver well, and it was just terrible.

Our best stroller experience was using our Maclaren Triumph umbrella stroller. DD was 13 months and DS was 3 1/2. We also had a baby carrier (Mei Tai I think but it could have been a wrap or a SSC, I can't remember now), which is where DD spent much of the time. DD took both her naps in the carrier (and I could still go on many of the rides with her napping in there), and then DS could either walk or ride in the stroller. When I got tired of carrying DD she could take a turn in the stroller or walk.

The basket was big enough to hold our food/diapers for the day, but the stroller was small enough to maneuver easily and also easy to fold up when we wanted to ride the trams/trains/etc (and it has a carry strap, which was awesome in this instance!).

The first time we did Disney we took our bigger stroller with a big basket, big sunshade, full recline, and cupholders and all that, and it was nice, but trying to get on/off trains was a huge, huge pain! Also, the lightweight stroller was much easier to push around the park all day.

So my recommendation would be to just take one good lightweight stroller and one good baby carrier.

Whatever you decide to do, I think the necessities are:
*tall enough to be comfortable to push
*basket to hold jackets/snacks/etc (although to make it easier to fold up quickly we kept all of our stuff in a backpack inside the basket, so we could just grab the backpack and fold the stroller, and this worked well)
*easy to fold quickly and easy to carry on/off trains
*sunshade
*recline, if you plan to have kiddos stroller-nap during the day
*easy to maneuver through crowds of people

i'm a bloggin' mama! Your Fire, Your Soul
catilina is offline   Reply With Quote