Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-27-2012, 02:58 PM   #1
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Am I the only one who gets ticked...

reading people complain about their morning sickness?? I've never been one to wallow in pity or dwell on things at all. And as a whole, I'm doing great. But any time I read complaints like that, it stings like crazy and all I can think is "I would give ANYTHING to have morning sickness right now!!"

Advertisement

Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:07 PM   #2
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Am I the only one who gets ticked...

I do, but it depends on the person. I know that sounds bad. But I had HORRIBLE morning sickness with DS, like I lost 25 lbs in the first trimester, it was that bad. I whined to dh quite a bit, but I never complained to anyone else. Then along comes my little SIL. She whines about EVERYTHING!!! She texts us all to let us know she's sick. She had to have some fluid because she was dehydrated, we of course were all informed that she was 'hospitalized". It drove me NUTS. Then had the nerve to complain to me and tell me how lucky I was to have an easy pregnancy. Um, ya, a high risk pregnancy where you think your baby may die at any time, loose 25lbs, have to take drugs that make you nuts, oh and work everyday too while not showing any of this to your students. Yup, that was a cake walk little girl. Oh, and don't forget the end, where she whines for three-four weeks about how huge she feels and how hard it is to get anything done. While again, I'm working Full time, 8-10 hour days, with no chance to lay down and rest, oh and then had an 11lb 7 oz baby so I was HUGE if you have ever seen HUGE that was me. So yes when she even opens her mouth I want to yell at her. But to just say, hey I"m having a bad day, anyone have any advice, no that doesn't really bug me much, we all have our off days. And as thankful as I will be if I ever get to experience MS again, it will still stink to have to go through it.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:14 PM   #3
finleyjudemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Nope, your aren't the only one....personally, it took us right around 4 years to conceive our twins and then we did countless FET's, had 2 miscarriages and a still birth before convincing DH to do another fresh IVF to get the baby I am now carrying. I have taken more shots then I would ever like to possibly count. I DO NOT have one iota of sympathy for anyone (doesn't really matter to me who it is) that complains about being pregnant. I have a cousin who will be 20 in January who is now pregnant and due a week before me with identical twin boys who is complaining about her back and puking....sorry pal, don't whine to me.....

I could go on and on and on and on and on but I won't...you get the drift
Old 11-27-2012, 03:16 PM   #4
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

yes it sucks big time. Especially when they know that you are having infertility issues.

Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:23 PM   #5
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

It doesn't bother me but I can see how it would bother you. I was fortunate to suffer very little morning sickness.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:26 PM   #6
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

I had that feeling. I still do. Once I got this sticky bean though I was hit hard. Much worse than my boys. I just laid in bed from 4pm- next day. I felt absolutely horrible. I actually had moments of how can I do this to my kids!?? I felt selfish for wanting Levi so badly that I was no longer a decent mom to my boys. It was so hard. I never really complained to anyone. My husband knew though. He said it was like I was dying. Good part was I could still run in the morning and have an okay morning with them. But after 3-4 I was worthless

I do think people who have suffered a loss or infertility take more time to appreciate the gift. Not that everyone else is ungrateful or anything, just that you can't miss what you've never lost. Kwim? So as horrid as I felt. I was keeping that fear in my mind. I never complained about the baby I lost. I cheerfully felt fabulous and rocked it! And lost him. But man this one has been a shear test of my inner strength.

Yadada. Anyways, I get annoyed but then I try to remind myself that's it's my issue not theirs and sometimes it really is horrible. Down right horrible. And yet the most incredibly awesome gift- at the same time.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:33 PM   #7
iwiamandaiwi
Registered Users

it doesnt mean they are not grateful to be pregnant. I personally am miserable with hyperemesis and yes, I do complain, but I wouldn't go back and NOT get pregnant. Whatever I have to do for my babies I will gladly do. It doesn't mean that you don't need to vent your misery once in a while though. It helps you to cope with your misery by talking to others about it.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:38 PM   #8
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwiamandaiwi
it doesnt mean they are not grateful to be pregnant. I personally am miserable with hyperemesis and yes, I do complain, but I wouldn't go back and NOT get pregnant. Whatever I have to do for my babies I will gladly do. It doesn't mean that you don't need to vent your misery once in a while though. It helps you to cope with your misery by talking to others about it.
I agree. As a 6 time HG survivor who is trying to get pregnant and has had many many miscarriages and several 2 year time periods of TTC I have the right to complain. Doesnt make me ungrateful at all but honestly having HG sucks but I am willing to lie in bed for 4 months in complete darkness for my baby, but I should have the right to complain or seek out some help from friends or have an ear or shoulder to cry on.

I dont think it is insensitive....until you walk a mile in someone elses shoes...and all that.
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:16 PM   #9
rumblepurr
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Second star to the right and straight on till morning!
My Mood:

Or when you hear a new little baby crying their heart out, and mom is not paying any attention or half-heartedly rocking the carseat. It just makes me ache inside.

I so know what you mean! It still hurts so badly to have lost what they still have. Plus, you would have bent over backwards to have kept your baby. I totally understand! Mostly good days and then bad day or 2, right :/ ? Most days your on top of it all and then bam! Something strikes you so hard, right to the core. When AF came last week, all I could think was I should still be pregnant now. Wow, was I a mess .

So,

I am so sorry for your loss .
rumblepurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:53 PM   #10
*Katherine*
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwiamandaiwi View Post
Agreed. I've had 3 losses (one being a partial molar, which is no fun, because you don't even get to move on because your hormone levels are constantly being checked for a year) and I still complained this last pregnancy. I don't enjoy being pregnant. I suffer from morning sickness and this time around, had SPD from early on. So while my pregnancies are not complicated, they are miserable for me. I wouldn't trade my children for anything, but that doesn't mean I don't get to complain or that I'm not grateful