Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-12-2012, 03:00 AM   #21
pcjs
Registered Users

Re: Co-sleepers help me!

I'd get a crib over a PNP as it will last longer. You just have to learn her cues and try to put her down right before she's tired. Its ok she fusses a minute or a few minutes in the crib to get used it it. Just bring your computer in and sit right next to the crib so she can see you. Start that at naps and just slowly build up the time so it isn't an full blown transition. Let her play in the crib and put some cloth books and very simple toys for her to enjoy.

You probably do have a few hidden grey hairs. If not, don't worry, they are coming.

Advertisement

Old 07-12-2012, 09:09 AM   #22
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

we have our king sized bed on the floor (on the box springs). When I got pregnant with the 6 wk old, we added a twin (against the wall) to our bed, so now we have a giant bed, lol. The 2 yr old and 6 wk old sleep with DH and I. I keep the monitor on if they are napping or I come downstairs for whatever reason and as soon as I hear a stir, I go upstairs fast. We never used a rail and the 2 yr old never fell off the bed. I anticipate the same for this one as well.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:11 AM   #23
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcjs View Post
I'd get a crib over a PNP as it will last longer. You just have to learn her cues and try to put her down right before she's tired. Its ok she fusses a minute or a few minutes in the crib to get used it it. Just bring your computer in and sit right next to the crib so she can see you. Start that at naps and just slowly build up the time so it isn't an full blown transition. Let her play in the crib and put some cloth books and very simple toys for her to enjoy.

You probably do have a few hidden grey hairs. If not, don't worry, they are coming.
if she's only using the crib for naps (she said she co-sleeps at night and will continue to do so) until her LO is older and knows how to get off the bed, then it won't last longer, the PNP will be a better investment bc she can use that for travel.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:23 AM   #24
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedaisyma

if she's only using the crib for naps (she said she co-sleeps at night and will continue to do so) until her LO is older and knows how to get off the bed, then it won't last longer, the PNP will be a better investment bc she can use that for travel.
Crib -> toddler bed -> twin bed convert would outlast a pnp

Granted her DD is tiny, but DS is almost too big for a pnp at 13m.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:47 PM   #25
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillargh View Post

never thought of that. not all cribs convert and many co-sleepers bedshare until the children are ready for a regular bed. She said her other LO was 2 and in bed, so....anyway, I prob didn't think of that bc I have not used pnp's, cribs or toddler beds
I was just thinking she would have the pnp for travel and naps and for future babies?
Old 07-12-2012, 07:00 PM   #26
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller

I always just kept an eye on mine with a video monitor. I could see her sit up, rub her eyes, then try to stand, and i always got there before she made it too far. She was over 12mo before I could sneak out of bed without her knowing, even in her sleep.

For baby 2 we do a mattress on the floor.
Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:33 PM   #27
mrosehughes
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillargh

We have a crib that we've converted to the full sized bed, but I'd still go with a pnp or cot. Our crib plus the conversion kit was over $400, but a pnp is $60 and a toddler bed or cheap twin is like $100-$200; and with the conversion you still have to pay for the big mattress. If I'd known how little we would actually use the crib as a crib (since we coslept) I'd've just skipped it.