Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-12-2012, 09:34 PM   #1
betty_joanne
Registered Users
seller
seller

If i fill out an exemption form will the school be notified if i give vaccine?

If i fill out an exemption form will the school be notified if i give a vaccine? Dd has gone to pre-k and k with most/but not complete series vaccines and no mmr and we filled out an exemption form for those years.
I am going to get the exemption form again but I might be giving the mmr on my own time while she is in school during the year. Will the school be notified that i just broke my exemption form or is everything private? There is this new immune track thing for texas drs and i don't know if school nurses have access to it and if they can type in my kids name and see what they have been vaccinated for.

Advertisement

Old 07-13-2012, 07:09 AM   #2
Dawndelion
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: If i fill out an exemption form will the school be notified if i give vaccine?

We have a similar thing in PA, and the school nurse can access the kids immunization records.

I have exemptions for just a few vaccines, would it be possible to get something like that?

Also, if your kids are vaccinated in another state, the school nurse wouldn't be able to see those vaccinations. Our school nurse called for DS#1s second MMR because she could see the first one that we got when we were still using the doctor's here, but she couldn't see the new one that was at our pediatrician in NY (we live near the border).
Dawndelion is offline   Reply With Quote