Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-13-2012, 11:47 AM   #1
nichey
Registered Users
seller
seller

Shipping to different address than PP addy?

I have a buyer who recently moved and is asking me to send the item to a different address than what is on her paypal (she says paypal is making her wait until the address on her AmEx card is updated, so it could be a little while).

WWYD? Also, can she just add her other address as a "gift address" and then change the shipping for the eBay transaction?

Advertisement

nichey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:01 PM   #2
IsaacsMom2009
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Shipping to different address than PP addy?

Refund her and tell her to add the address as a gift address and resend. Keep in mind, though, that PayPal is going to take $0.30 from you for the transaction, so if you have no money in PayPal other than this transaction, then PayPal is going to take the $0.30 from your bank account.
Old 07-14-2012, 06:02 PM   #3
Leanbh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

That happened to me about a month ago and the lady(think a youngish/20's girl?) had moved back home, perhaps from college address?. I said no and explained why and the scams etc. She was trying to change it with pp, but was having problems, taking awhile etc. I for some reason googled the mailng address she gave me and I could tell it was an upscale neighborhood etc. So I sent it in the end. Worked out, but I was ok if I had to take the loss of about $20.

I did tell her that she should update it as others wouldn't do the same. How is the rest of her feedback?
Old 07-14-2012, 06:18 PM   #4
nichey
Registered Users
seller
seller

I ended up calling eBay and they said as long as the buyer requests it, it's okay on their end. The rep I talked to wasn't sure about Paypal though. I sent it because I know what a pain Paypal can be and she was having a lot of issues with them. It was a low $$ item anyway.
Old 07-14-2012, 06:32 PM   #5
mysticmomma1879
Registered Users
seller
seller

You dont have to use a cc to add an adress to paypal. It soundd fishy to me. As a seller... no matter what board policy or ebay policy you are only covered by sending to the address listed in pp.
mysticmomma1879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:36 PM   #6
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticmomma1879
You dont have to use a cc to add an adress to paypal. It soundd fishy to me. As a seller... no matter what board policy or ebay policy you are only covered by sending to the address listed in pp.
Yep. If you send to an address not on file, PayPal will not cover you. You have no protection. She could claim she never received it, and since you shipped it to a different address than what they have, she would win and you would be out the item and the money. Never go by the website policies if they are paying through PayPal, always go by PayPal rules.

It's not difficult at all to add an address. You can have up to 6 I think? I forget. The billing address takes a while to change, but gift or whatever they're called aren't hard at all.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:45 PM   #7
nichey
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillargh View Post
Yep. If you send to an address not on file, PayPal will not cover you. You have no protection. She could claim she never received it, and since you shipped it to a different address than what they have, she would win and you would be out the item and the money. Never go by the website policies if they are paying through PayPal, always go by PayPal rules.

It's not difficult at all to add an address. You can have up to 6 I think? I forget. The billing address takes a while to change, but gift or whatever they're called aren't hard at all.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
It honestly wasn't worth it to me. Since Paypal is owned by eBay (or visa versa) I'm not too concerned. It was an item that was about to be sent back to GW anyhow.