Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-16-2012, 10:20 AM   #11
33andunder
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Did anyone cloth diaper twins?

It's actually pretty easy. We sposied until they hit about 8 lbs (2 months?), then switched to diaper service (the service had the same price, no matter how many kids you were diapering). When we had life figured out, we switched to AIO's. We had about 40 diapers, and I usually did a load or two a night. AIO's didn't require stuffing or folding so it was pretty simple. The bonus of this was that we also had DD in diapers too. She had a few days or cloth and then she decided that the potty was a pretty good idea.

Advertisement

Old 07-16-2012, 11:53 AM   #12
Umm_Ibraheem
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

thanks mamas! My stash is somewhere in the 150+ (I stopped counting after a while) primarily pre-folds as that became my diaper of choice since I only had a a washer and they dried pretty quickly. I have at least ONE diaper of every kind of diaper all second hand. I purchased the biggest bulk from DS, the second largest purchase came from craigslist in CT (where we lived at the time) and later in NJ. That doubled my stash and my friends who attempted cloth but didn't like it gave me their stashes.

I started my stash in 2008 and built it until 2010 and it paid for itself fairly quickly since I purchased them 2nd hand and have now diapered my 2nd baby in to toddlerhood and most likely will diaper the 3rd one on the way.

I was beginning to think that maybe I needed more. LOL. But I see you guys have gotten the job done with a fraction of what I have! So I guess no more fluffy mail for me.
Umm_Ibraheem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:01 PM   #13
psylion
Registered Users
seller

I'm glad to hear so many successfully cd their twins. Mine aren't due until 12/12/12 but I've already gone crazy buying up dipes on co-ops. I'm excited to CD my boys once they get here. I started CDing DD while we were sill in the hospital and plan to do that thistle as well. I'm mostly a pocket girl but I will sew up some prefolds and get more covers for when they are super tiny. DD was 6 lb 4 oz and shewas a singleton so I figure I need to prepare for a 4-5 lb just in case.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:04 PM   #14
TwinMommaplus2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We do... and we have about 65 diapers total
Good luck momma!!
Motherhood is not a hobby, its a calling, you do not collect children because they are cuter than stamps, Its not something to do if you can squeeze the time in, its what god gave you time for. ~E. Anderson
TwinMommaplus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:58 PM   #15
SaraElise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I didn't CD twins, but for my boys 13 months apart, I had 25 OS diapers and washed everyday. NB's obviously go through a bit more, but I think I could have gotten away with 30 diapers and washing everyday with no problem. There were so many diapers I wouldn't have really wanted to go much longer than that or I would have had to do 2 loads
Old 07-21-2012, 07:53 AM   #16
koobie
Registered Users
seller

I'm currently cloth diaper my triplets, and loving every minute of it. Every time I slap a fluffy on them I feel like I'm doing something good for them (and my wallet!). I think we've got 35ish flip inserts, 12 covers and maybe 50 pockets? I wash every day, so I probably don't even need this many!
koobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:05 PM   #17
ivymama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No twins here, but DS1 and DS2 will only be 12 mos apart, and plant to have both in cloth. Just started DS1 in cloth in the past month, and DS2 is due in 2 weeks! Jumping in the deep end I guess. I have 18 med PFs for DS1, and about 6 covers, plus 4 pockets + hemp for nighttime, 2-3 day wash routine and its working well. Streamlined but enough to make it work. Have 3 dozen small PFs and 6 covers for DS2 lined up, plus a few fitteds. DS1 can still use a small trifolded in a cover. We'll do sposies for the first 2 weeks. I'm having a csection due to complication, and have several ppl who will be helping with care, so for us it will be better to wait just a bit until I am recovered enough to take the lead with cloth since we're so new to it.

Hoping I have enough, but expecting to buy a few more once we get rolling and I know what I need!

Eeek! Gonna be a crazy ride, but I'm loving cloth so far, and sooo glad I decided to take the plunge!
ivymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:27 PM   #18
KatrinaLoves
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm CDing 8 week old twins. Honestly, it's not hard at all. Nursing and pumping, on the other hand, consumes most of my existence.

We have 12 fitteds, and I think 20 pockets. I wash about every other day, but we also use 3 sposies at night, so that's 6 extra CDs we don't currently need.

I also have prefolds in our stash, but unless I jelly roll and spend more time than I'd like getting them snappied on snugly, their poo leaks out into the cover... So I only use our prefolds for emergencies and laundry day "oops" moments.

We have a few more diapers in addition to what I mentioned above, but they're OS dipes that don't all fit yet.

The pockets we have are NB/infant size. Once those are outgrown I'll be buying some AIOs.
DH is deployed, and works long hours when he IS home... So simplicity is key for us.

Our OS supply will eventually consist of:
16 fitteds, 18ish pockets, and maybe 12AIOs.
KatrinaLoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 02:10 PM   #19
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatrinaLoves View Post
I'm CDing 8 week old twins. Honestly, it's not hard at all. Nursing and pumping, on the other hand, consumes most of my existence.

We have 12 fitteds, and I think 20 pockets. I wash about every other day, but we also use 3 sposies at night, so that's 6 extra CDs we don't currently need.

I also have prefolds in our stash, but unless I jelly roll and spend more time than I'd like getting them snappied on snugly, their poo leaks out into the cover... So I only use our prefolds for emergencies and laundry day "oops" moments.

We have a few more diapers in addition to what I mentioned above, but they're OS dipes that don't all fit yet.

The pockets we have are NB/infant size. Once those are outgrown I'll be buying some AIOs.
DH is deployed, and works long hours when he IS home... So simplicity is key for us.

Our OS supply will eventually consist of:
16 fitteds, 18ish pockets, and maybe 12AIOs.
I couldn't help but giggle at the bolded. It's so true. CD'ing is definitely not a big portion of your full plate with twins. However, having done it twice....I promise, it won't be that way for too long.
Old 07-21-2012, 11:02 PM   #20
Umm_Ibraheem
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by koobie View Post
I'm currently cloth diaper my triplets, and loving every minute of it. Every time I slap a fluffy on them I feel like I'm doing something good for them (and my wallet!). I think we've got 35ish flip inserts, 12 covers and maybe 50 pockets? I wash every day, so I probably don't even need this many!
TRIPLETS?! that takes some multi-tasking! CONGRATULATIONS on your little one!
Umm_Ibraheem is offline   Reply With Quote