Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-01-2012, 09:41 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Yeast Infection & Gentian Violet

I suspect that I may have a yeast infection. I am prone to them aside from my current situation. I had a plugged duct, so I assumed this pain was from that; however, it has not resolved with the plugged duct. I have sharp needle and hot pain in my breasts. Both sides have this symptom to varying degrees. There is not red streaking or fever. I am also seeing white blanching like reynaud's syndrome from time to time but NOT after nursing. It seems to have no precursor. I also do experience itching. My baby doesn't appear to have thrush in the mouth, but beyond that I'm not sure what to look for in a baby. Could she be asymptomatic or not become infected when I am?
For those of you who have used gentian violet, can you tell me how it is used. I don't know what it is whether powder, liquid, or solid nor how I would sue it to treat myelf. Thank you in advanced!

swaddlingmommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:44 PM   #2
Registered Users
It's a liquid. Yes, baby can have thrush and show no symptoms. Apply gv to your breasts/areola abd baby's entire mouth/lips.
Single Mommy to my 3 year old DS born all natural. We are a Cosleeping, Breastfeeding, Babywearing Non-Vaxing DUO!!
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote