Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-19-2012, 12:06 PM   #11
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: introducing a bottle to 7 month old

did you have any luck? I have a 6 month old and bottles are a no go here. Dh says he acts like it poison ive tried the past week and he wont have anything to do with it. You may not have any luck at 7 months so dont be surprised, also you need to have someone else do it and be far away

Advertisement

momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:11 PM   #12
Cdra
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof3boys1girl View Post
did you have any luck? I have a 6 month old and bottles are a no go here. Dh says he acts like it poison ive tried the past week and he wont have anything to do with it. You may not have any luck at 7 months so dont be surprised, also you need to have someone else do it and be far away
No luck. I've tried 4 different bottles and she just chews on it. Dh tried but she still wouldn't take to it. maybe she could smell me in the house?? idk.....I'm going to keep trying though.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:12 PM   #13
Cdra
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by booth2490 View Post
we started w/ the T&T around 7 months b/c DD refused a bottle after I was off work for a month and didn't give her any bottles. I hate those valves inside other sippy cups.

What's a t&t?
Old 07-19-2012, 04:43 PM   #14
lalamac
Registered Users
seller

I'm actually having a similar problem. My dd took a bottle great when I went back to work after my maternity leave, but this summer I've been off (I'm a teacher). I had some professional development this week, and she hasn't been very interested in her bottle. She has been nursing more in the evenings though, and she gets some solids.
lalamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:51 AM   #15
Teexie
Registered Users
seller

My daughter also did well with the straw sippy around 7 months. I think we introduced it at 6 months. It took about a month of her playing with it before she figured it out. She is 14 months and still drinks from a straw...haven't tried a regular sippy in awhile.
Teexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:03 AM   #16
Cdra
Registered Users
seller
seller

I thought I would update. my baby still won't drink from a sippy or straw but she is from a tommee tippee bottle. I have to admit it made me a little jelous. silly i know but i'm the only one she is suppose to drink from. but anyway, i guess I'll try to transition her to a sippy or straw cup from here. At least she is drinking from something.