Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-21-2013, 07:39 PM   #1
nachoslyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Smile Bucket List #5- Inspire others to be kind *CLOSED* Winner PMd

I've always wanted to give, I've just never had the money to do it. The only way I could really do it is like this: giving away things that I have, that I know would make a difference in someones life. From personal experience I can say that even though cloth diapering is more cost efficient than using disposables, it can still take a toll on a monthly budget. Especially if that monthly budget is very small. I remember working & going to school and living pay check to pay check with my first son, it was rough. So in my efforts to inspire others to be kind I've created this lotto to help a family in need.

Up for grabs are 11 WAHM made aplix pocket diapers w/ 11 hemp french terry inserts that I used with my son. The inserts are specifically for BOYS but can be adjusted to work for girls as well. These diapers are MEDIUM sized and run aprox 14-25pds. They have micro suede inners. The APLIX is in GUC some of it might be curled but it still works perfectly and the diapers have NO stains. They were a part of a large rotation of diapers.

I would like the people who reply to be honest. Please refrain from replying if you are able to purchase these items or if you are interested in these items to sell them. I understand that I am going only by your word but I hope that you understand this is really for the people who are in need and would be appreciative of the help.

To qualify please post about the reason you ventured into the world of cloth diapering and what you will do in return to show kindness to your "neighbor".

This giveaway will be closed Midnight, Monday the 29th and the winning answer will be picked my son since he was also part of the inspiration for doing this.

Winner will pay for shipping charges + paypal fees only.

UPDATE- Thank you all for your replies. We will update with the winner by Wed May 1st! I will PM the winning mama

Advertisement

Last edited by nachoslyn; 05-02-2013 at 06:32 AM.
nachoslyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:38 PM   #2
Openyoureyes
Registered Users
seller

I think this is a great lotto. I do not need to enter this but there is a young family who is expecting quints that I hope end up entering these sure could help them out!
Openyoureyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:27 PM   #3
wisa03
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Bucket List #5- Inspire others to be kind

I don't want to enter but I would love to know the WAHM from which you got those diapers... they are beautiful! This is a good thing you are doing... you may have to work with an organization that works with needy families to find the right match, though, I think a lot of the people in the more dire of situations don't necessarily have time to come on here... working long hours, etc. I know some do, and I hope they see this, but if they don't I just wanted to suggest it - you could even go to community groups in your area, and get them to ask if any of their clients are really struggling to pay for diapers and would like to give cloth diapering a try, too. just my thoughts
wisa03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:16 AM   #4
Wopnkrout
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
not entering my chubbier lovie is 25 lbs now do we won't enter but it's so wander full that your willing to give these away of he was only a few lbs lighter these would be a huge blessing... Just wanted to say great lotto and Thanx!

Wife to my best friend Chris, SAHM to son Colt!
Wopnkrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:18 AM   #5
MrsLisaT
Registered Users

My Mood:

I am due in less than 3 weeks. I don't know at what point a new baby can fit in medium diapers so if people enter with a more immediate need, please take out my entry. I plan on not returning to work after my maternity leave so that I can give my baby the care and attention that he/she deserves and our budget is going to be incredibly tight until DH can find a better paying job (we will probably be spending more than he makes, luckily we have a small cushion to last us a short while).

We decided to cloth mainly because of the lower cost involved though the more I researched it, the more I learned about the other benefits such as environmental and health. To repay the kindness, I would like to keep an eye out for other families who may be struggling in our area and do what I can to help them, whether it is buying them a weeks worth of groceries or offering free babysitting. And, I have really been inspired during my short time on this site that I know when the time comes to get rid of our diapers, I would like to do FFS for needy mothers rather than try to resell.

Edited to add more specific "act of kindness": We got 3 big boxes of sposies at our baby shower that we don't plan to use. Instead of returning them for store credit, I am going to try to find a local needy family (we leave near a low income area) who could use them. If that fails, I want to donate them to a local women's shelter.

Last edited by MrsLisaT; 04-26-2013 at 04:07 AM.
MrsLisaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:24 AM   #6
threestraycats
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

not entering but how sweet
Old 04-22-2013, 09:58 AM   #7
vatblack
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I know a mother who is in need of these diapers. She is expecting a boy.

I work with a non-profit organization that help patients who were diagnosed with cancer. You can look us up at Viva Las Chicas.org. This woman is one of our clients. She is 37 years old. She was fired from her job after reporting some wrong doing in her company to a state agency. Because she was fired, she isn't eligible for unemployment benefits.

Shortly after being fired, she found a lump in one breast. As she was prepared for a lumpectomy, they discovered she was pregnant. They went ahead with the lumpectomy, found it was cancerous but now all other cancer treatment will wait till after the baby is born.

Because of her pregnancy and impending cancer treatment, she isn't finding any employment right now. Whatever interviews she does get, does not go well because she is obviously pregnant and she is up front about her cancer battle.

Her husband is a construction worker who has been struggling to get work since the crash in 2008. He does whatever comes his way but full time employment is not yet a reality for him. He is working extremely hard to try and find permanent employment.

Luckily she is already a rather "crunchy" person, using bikes, reducing carbon footprints etc. and has decided to cloth diaper her son. These diapers will be a great help for her. We could greatly appreciate you considering her.

Last edited by vatblack; 04-23-2013 at 10:10 AM.
vatblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:43 AM   #8
bLorelei'smama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Enter me plz! The reason I started cloth diapering my first- I was a single mom and I was laid off from my job and denied unemployment I had to think fast and found old prefolds at a second hand shop and plastic pants enough to wash everyday I didn't have money to buy good ones till my daughter was older so these would help my son lots being that I'm a stay at home mom and my fiancé was just laid off : prayers: and would love to pay it forward when done with them, thanks and god bless !
bLorelei'smama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:53 AM   #9
melissa621
Registered Users
seller

Not entering, but this is awesome!
melissa621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:44 AM   #10
AllieW
Registered Users

I decided to cloth diaper for a few reasons. Originally it was the cost effectiveness. My husband and I are on a very tight budget and the cost of disposables every month was a little overwhelming. I also hate that disposables have so many chemicals in them and are so horrible for the environment. And finally, because my one month old is allergic to all disposables so cloth is our only option.

I would love to be able to give back as well. I try to volunteer to help others and give away what I can. I plan on re-gifting some of the items in my house that we don't need to others in need.
AllieW is offline   Reply With Quote