Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-14-2006, 05:57 PM   #21
SarahJane
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do you all just ever want to give up CDing?

Just wanted to add a trick someone shared here last week. Using the outside hose! It's working great for us, just for the ones that don't easily dump off. I use it on full forse and the diaper get's really clean. I've got a bucket next to my hose and I just head out there when one is really bad. I'm finding with that FREE trick I can go an extra day between washes. My husband is going to install one on my drain tub for the winter. So hopefully I can find a low cost solution. I know the one attached to the toilet would be way too tempting for my older daughter. I can just see her giving her dolls showers etc....

I also love dawn and washing soda. I think free and clear was a problem for me earlier. Now I'm using 7th generation (available at Target) and then every other time dawn with washing soda. The diapers smell so much better.

As for leaks. I was so over this a couple of weeks ago. If it hadn't been for the fact that disposable caused rashes for my son I would have sold my diapers and headed for the grocery store. I finally figured it out. It's been almost a week since we had a bad leak.......... knock on wood.

Hugs,

Advertisement

Old 06-14-2006, 07:06 PM   #22
Zany Zebra Mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hang in there mama! I've never wanted to quit, but sometimes a sposie break is helpful.

Zany Zebra Designs ~ Diapers as beautifully unique as your child.

~ It's happy, it's crazy, it's my life ~ My Happy Crazy Life
~Amy Sue, Mama to &
Zany Zebra Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 08:30 PM   #23
Mizelenius
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zany Zebra Mama
sometimes a sposie break is helpful.
Yup! Diapers should not be a cause of stress!
Mizelenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 09:04 PM   #24
thefragile7393
Registered Users

Yes...all the time. I hate prefolds so much, I hate how big the covers are around my son's skinny legs so that poo just leaks out all the time. Yet I hate how I can't afford a ton of Fuzzi Bunz and Happy Heineys and other great pocket diapers and AIO systems. I hate hate hate prefolds soooo much....

I do love cool diaper covers though, being more earth friendly, and having ds feel wet and being changed rather than being in a sposie for a long time and me not knowing how wet he is....
Old 06-14-2006, 09:18 PM   #25
juliusthemonkey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would also suggest as so many others have to switch detergents. I just ordered a giant gallon size stuff of Allen's Naturally when I bought some dipes from Cotton Babies, and it's been 7 months now of using the same bottle. We've never had any odor issues at all with any of our dipes (prefolds, fitted, pockets, etc). I run a pre-rinse cycle with low water and then just hot wash/cold rinse with the right amount of water.

Good luck.

Take a breather from CD if it is becoming such a hassle, but try a new detergent before you give it all up.

Julia
juliusthemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 10:32 AM   #26
Mistymama
Registered Users
seller

I had the issues that you are describing when I was using "un-natural" CDs. When I switched to all organic with wool all of the issues were gone.

And as a PP suggested...have you tried prefolds? They are so simple & inexpensive & I find they wash SO clean...never a problem with stink or build-up.