Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-16-2012, 09:33 PM   #1
Sweetbabybows
Registered Users
seller
seller

October is sneaking up on me!!

I know I still have about 12 weeks left but I feel like I still have a million things to do before this baby comes. Mostly it's stuff I want to make for her and things like getting the girls rooms fixed up. I pretty much have everything I really need for her except nb diapers. I have about 18 I loaned to someone after DD2 outgrew them and she hasn't brought them back yet. But I still wanted to make about 20 more and haven't even started on them.

I'm just so lazy lately...I really just need someone to make me get up and start sewing!!! Doesn't help that I recently got a both at the local craft mall that I have to keep full too. I really need the extra money. I've also got to get enough made to keep it full right after the baby when I probably won't be able to do much sewing.

I just know if I don't really get to work I'm not going to get even half of what I want/need to finished

Advertisement

Old 07-17-2012, 08:44 AM   #2
photocowgirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: October is sneaking up on me!!

I feel the same way! I still have to go through all my office stuff to move it out of the now nursery... plus my sewing and knitting to-do list... somedays I think Oct feels crazy far away and others I'm freaking out
photocowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:59 PM   #3
photocowgirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Grandma had the girls so I actually got some stuff done this afternoon!
Paci clips...

Flannel sheet... still have 2 more flannel sheets to go... these are very easy but took me forever to iron after washing and wading in a drawer for months...

Pink Poodle Bows Hailey Peasant Dress pattern... 1 down for my almost 2yo... 3 to go... 2 for the newb and 1 for my almost 5yo fall pics...
Old 07-17-2012, 04:59 PM   #4
photocowgirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

dp

Last edited by photocowgirl; 07-17-2012 at 05:01 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:10 PM   #5
boekesec
Registered Users
Formerly E***n
seller

That dress is SO CUTE!

And oh my, don't say 12 weeks...it freaks me out! I can't believe my due date is just barely under 3 months away!!! So much to do here too. We just moved our older dd into her "big girl room" so I can clean and reorganize the nursery. Now we just have to get her from her crib into the "big girl bed" so that I can get that set up too
Old 07-18-2012, 10:25 PM   #6
alaskamum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Some people call it nesting, I'm calling it freaking out. At 28 weeks; DH said, "oh, so the baby could be here in 10 weeks" (the other two were born at 37 and 38 weeks). And YIKES. Big kick in the pants for me. I needed it, though.
and M
alaskamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:17 AM   #7
J3nn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm beginning to freak out too! My other 2 were 38 weekers, so I am planning on less than 10 weeks-yikes!
I have pretty much nothing ready. We have to switch 2 rooms completely, and finish building a bathroom before we can even begin to set up the baby's room.

Then on top of that, I am being made to switch grade levels for next school year. I have to set up my new classroom, and try to get things ready for a sub. My maternity leave starts one week after school starts again.

And one last thing to throw into the chaos. We traded our minivan in on a car last year when we thought we were done with kids. I tried and tried to figure out how to get 3 seats in the car, but it is just now happening. Now we have to shop for a minivan again- before summer ends!

October(likely September) is coming too fast!
Old 07-20-2012, 08:40 AM   #8
dancingingrace
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I haven't been active in this forum, but I peek in from time to time and just wanted to say.....this is so me, too! My DH actually also said, just last night, "Oh, so we only have around 12 weeks now, huh! And since you go early, we could probably start the 10 week countdown!". I just smiled and nodded, but I was freaking out inside! I'm sure you're all the same...I'm sooo excited to meet this new LO, but I NEED MORE TIME!!!!! We've had plans of moving and getting settled into a new place before the baby comes, but that's taken longer than we'd hoped, and might not happen. I don't have ANYTHING organized here, most of our baby stuff is still in a storage unit, none of the clothes are washed or even sorted, so I have no idea what I need to supplement clothing wise, I haven't even started my dipe stash yet...and my weeks seriously fly by so stinkin fast! I absolutely hate feeling so disorganized, ugh. I keep thinking I have so much more time, but in reality, it is dwindling right before my eyes.
dancingingrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:48 AM   #9
sillyutalktome
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, my first was 34 weeker. So I've got in the 6-12 week range. (Really praying hard for a full term baby). That 6 week comment is terrifying. I have a little to do list for each week, but it takes me until a week after baby is DUE to get it all done....oops.
Old 07-29-2012, 02:32 AM   #10
Gardyloo
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ooh! Someone needs to start the "to do list" thread. Hmm...maybe I will. But, first I'll have to add that to my to do list...