Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-28-2012, 07:51 PM   #21
LunaBirch
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Kindergarten questions

I'm a new homeschooler but our state's requirement is 865 hours (5 hrs a day if you do 180 days).. we are opting to do a year round schedule since my children are special needs kiddos that THRIVE on repetition and routine. I have a K and 1st grader.

We are going to go with Heart of Dakota and am aiming for 2 to 2.5 hrs a day 5 days a week. We have full day kindergarten here that meets 5 days a week just like the other grades.

As far as grading, I dont anticipate assigning letter grades at this level..

Advertisement

Old 07-28-2012, 08:44 PM   #22
agzip03
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SativaStarr
I'm a new homeschooler but our state's requirement is 865 hours (5 hrs a day if you do 180 days).. we are opting to do a year round schedule since my children are special needs kiddos that THRIVE on repetition and routine. I have a K and 1st grader.

We are going to go with Heart of Dakota and am aiming for 2 to 2.5 hrs a day 5 days a week. We have full day kindergarten here that meets 5 days a week just like the other grades.

Don't forget to add your field trips like the zoo and library to your time!
agzip03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:26 PM   #23
Vivhop98
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Kindergarten questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SativaStarr View Post

That is a lot of hours for K! I would count everything such as going to the library, park days with our coop, museum trips, zoo trips. I would also count free play time. I have a son who is K and our "work" will take 30 minutes to 1 hour.