Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-18-2012, 12:36 PM   #41
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by misskira
If he wants normal, I would stick with the majority are not getting circed and the rate is falling stance, as well as leaving the choice up to him for when he's older and leave everything else out then.

"normal" for dh is circed since that was what was done when he was born. Most were.
"normal" for your son will be intact since that is what is being done now. Most aren't.
This was the argument that won over MH. It helped though that it was the doctor himself giving DH the statistics.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using DS Forum

Advertisement

Old 07-18-2012, 12:49 PM   #42
pumkinsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I know this has been discussed a million times.

For me, I would never do something like circumcision to my child no matter what my spouse felt about it. It is that important! To me it is a human rights issue. I understand why people do it and don't think they are bad or less loving parents because of that choice. I know that it is WRONG. Not too long in the future, at least in this country, it will a thing of the past. Once people understand the function of the foreskin and the loss that removing it causes it will go the way of many other bizarre things that have gone on in times past.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:44 PM   #43
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLovely View Post
I think that if you DO decide to do it, your son deserves full, adequate pain relief and a urologist is the best bet for having it turn out well, since they deal with penises and circumcisions all the time. No offense to mohels, but the lack of pain relief (EMLA cream is utter crap) should be a dealbreaker.
I agree with this. Though I like the fact that with a Mohel here is usually MUCH less skin removed I don't like the idea of surgery in a non-sterile environment with no pain relief. And I have attended a bris and the baby cried for quite a whiles as did his poor mother
Joyful Tie Dyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 02:20 PM   #44
ssand23
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by misskira View Post
If he wants normal, I would stick with the majority are not getting circed and the rate is falling stance, as well as leaving the choice up to him for when he's older and leave everything else out then.

"normal" for dh is circed since that was what was done when he was born. Most were.
"normal" for your son will be intact since that is what is being done now. Most aren't.
Thank you These days, the majority of newborn boys are not circed, in turn, the majority of boys won't be either but here there really aren't occasions to be seeing other boys nude. Here you just put on your gym clothing but it doesn't involve removing your underwear, nor would it involve any genital inspection. Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see where my son would be that anyone would be seeing his penis unless he really wanted them to.
ssand23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 02:36 PM   #45
burnsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think you have been given great advice!

I believe the reason the majority of cut men want to do it to their sons is because if they keep their son whole, it reinforces the fact that they are missing a part of their manhood, and that perhaps their parents made a mistake. If it's all they've ever experienced, they don't know what they are missing exactly, just that it is 'normal' to them. However, normal should be what you are born with, naturally. Foreskin is functional, and not something to be removed without consent. It is not the decision of the mother or father, grandparents, nurses, doctors, religion, etc. It is a decision that should be left to the child. It is his body, and should be his choice. Babies do not have a voice, so please, be that voice! I am pretty certain if he could talk, he would say, 'please do not cut me, I am perfect the way you made me!'

Keep at him mama! Do not consent!!

His body, his choice.
burnsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 02:51 PM   #46
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssand23 View Post
Thank you These days, the majority of newborn boys are not circed, in turn, the majority of boys won't be either but here there really aren't occasions to be seeing other boys nude. Here you just put on your gym clothing but it doesn't involve removing your underwear, nor would it involve any genital inspection. Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see where my son would be that anyone would be seeing his penis unless he really wanted them to.
Some schools require kids to shower after gym or practice, but I think that is more in the high school age. By that time I'm sure a teen would realise there are circumcised and intact penises.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 03:52 PM   #47
tmwmommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennTheMomma View Post
Some schools require kids to shower after gym or practice, but I think that is more in the high school age. By that time I'm sure a teen would realise there are circumcised and intact penises.
And even if a boy is showering in front of friends, I doubt they would comment on his penis. According to dh, you NEVER admit to staring at another guy's "stuff".
tmwmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 03:55 PM   #48
pcjs
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmwmommy View Post
And even if a boy is showering in front of friends, I doubt they would comment on his penis. According to dh, you NEVER admit to staring at another guy's "stuff".
Old 07-18-2012, 04:51 PM   #49
champatlife
Registered Users
seller

Hah, we talked about the "shower" situation. I said, how common is it for boys to peep on other males genitals? You went to highschool did you notice anyone staring other guys down? Or making fun of someone for any reason related to their penis." He said he couldn't remember, I said because it didnt happen

He said, "do you know 50 guys not circ'ed" I said i wouldnt know its not a hot topic to have with male friends, and regardless they're from the same generation as you, and it was the norm 26 years ago. Standards, and norms change as time progresses.

I'm "happy" with where we are at this point, that regardless we have agreed we are not doing it in the hospital. I feel that's 3/4th of the arguement taken care of. Since he agreed there won't be any animosity and i wont have to veto his "opinion" .
Old 07-18-2012, 05:21 PM   #50
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

can you make him watch some circ videos? have him watch penn and teller Bull$hit on youtube, they have a great episode on circ. the whole shower thing is moot considering that almost half the boys born now are left intact anyway.

I personally would never ever ever agree to do it, i would never be able to forgive myself for that knowing what i know about circ and how wrong it is. i would also find a new dr
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote