Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-15-2006, 04:36 AM   #1
jennyofthemoon
Registered Users
seller

How long did it take you

to get pregnant, after you first one? I had Abby, got preggo with pre-af ov, same with conceiving Lena after having Jude. I went from Sept 98-May of 05 with no af Everytime I ovulated, I made a baby. THIS time, it's just not happenning. We have been working on it since last May, with a break from September to December of 05, but basically it's been a year. I did have a miscarriage about a month and half ago at 5 weeks but the growing a baby thing isn't workign so well for us this time. Anyone else have this experience?

I mean, I am NOT diligent about charting, but I know my body and we dtd enough that we're hitting the right times, but still, over a year?? I'm statring to get very discouraged....I REALLY want one more, but I am not crazy about that "straggler" kid who is born decades after the rest, kwim? (Okay, well Lena's only 3 1/2, but still....the others are 21 months apart each) So frustrated...

Advertisement

jennyofthemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 04:40 AM   #2
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:
Re: How long did it take you

Well, after my first baby, we were preventing pregnancy, but we had one oops and I got pregnant. I ended up miscarrying, and after that we were trying, but couldn't get pregnant right away. It took a year after that to finally get pregnant. I did carry that third pregnancy to term, and the next to pregnancies happened immediately when we tried.
Old 06-15-2006, 07:30 AM   #3
SarieQ
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ehh, three months! AF came back exactly thirty days after I gave birth.
SarieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 08:45 AM   #4
Shannon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It took us 6 months after gettng off BC to get pregnant with #1. It took 7 months after getting off BC to get pregnant with #2. With #3 I never took BC and we got pregnant the month after AF returned...the first month we tried

I'm pretty sure I take after my mom and tend to be a very fertile lady.

Marrying my wonderful Fiancee' Rodney on 6/26/20010
[/COLOR]Expecting to TTC in July 2010
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 10:02 AM   #5
AmandaSue22
Registered Users

Im not a big help, I am fertile mertile LOL I havent had o try over a month two concieve. My hubby says he looked at me and got me pregnant lol

<DS>http://www.kikifoxito.com/ds/forum/i...?topic=13911.0
AmandaSue22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 10:26 AM   #6
Radish4ever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well we stopped using protection when Grace was around 7 months old........... and I had my first PPAF when she was 11 months and got pregnant directly following!
Radish4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 10:39 AM   #7
GrowingUpMad
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
seller

My Mood:

It took 7 1/2 long years between #1 and #2. We weren't trying/weren't preventing for most of it. We tried for a while and then medical problems occured and we were told that no more babies wold be coming from me. We accepted that (after get 3 more opinions) and went on with our lives. Imagine our surprise when I found out I was preggers with #2.

Pregnancy #2 was horrid so we vowed not to have anymore for safety of the babies. When dd was 2 I changed my mind and got off bc. I waited for my periods to become regular and then actively spent the next 11 months TTC. Baby #3 is expected to arrive on dd's 4th birthday.
Old 06-15-2006, 10:57 AM   #8
Blackbirdlane
Registered Users
seller

My first three pregnancies happened fast, without even trying (two were miscarriages), but then my fourth pregnancy took us almost a year. I tried charting, OPKs everything and it didn't happen until I told myself to stop worrying abou it and it will happen when it happens. I got preggo my next cycle with dd.

Also I know I do not ovulate every month. I only have one ovary and after charting I know I don't ovulate every month and it is pretty sporatic for me. I have no idea how I got preggo so easy the first three times.

good luck mama and try to relax. It will all work out
Blackbirdlane is offline   Reply With Quote