Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-14-2006, 03:40 PM   #31
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: kind of upset..

well yes i suppose your right scatterbrainedmom. i really hope i didn't upset anyone or hurt their feelings. i still do think that the mw is not a misinformed person, she is just trying to do the best for her patients and it is by no means something you should find a new mw over. in fact it's just the opposite (even if you do decide to continue nursing that is your business), what i mean is she cares enough to give you her best advice even if it means possibly hurting your feelings. this is good b/c you know she cares. so you should definately stick with her unless there's other signs in the future that you need a new one.

and yes i believe soy milk does have vit D

Advertisement

myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 04:25 PM   #32
bethanyjoy
Registered Users

Stuff is always harder to deal with when you're pregnant.

OK, for the Vitamin D/Calcium thing -- can you tolerate yogurt? I eat tons of yogurt, rarely drink milk (well I have started to now out of necessity, the babes are needing more from me LOL) but yogurt is much more friendly to the digestive system and you might be able to tolerate it better.

Multivitamins -- I never knew this before, but have learned during this pregnancy that you can take regular multivitamins, children's chewables, etc -- you maybe need to take two, just have to make sure that you don't go over the RDA. With a little research, you might find a yummy children's vitamin you could take 2-3x a day...lots easier on your tummy! This was a lifesaver for me, twin nausea was brutal and another DS momma told me this...helped a lot.

As for nursing while pg -- I nursed all the way through my last pg and TN, and Bryan is still nursing now...I am weaning him but more because of the fact that I really feel the need to focus on just nursing the twins after I give birth, and not nursing a toddler too. (If I had three boobs, on the other hand...LOL). http://www.kellymom.com has lots of great info. If you do keep nursing, just be sure and take GOOD care of yourself. Eat really well, rest lots, drink more water than you think humanly possible. (You need enough fluid to make milk, sustain amniotic fluid, and keep your kidneys/liver from freaking out)
Old 06-14-2006, 07:05 PM   #33
rds989
Registered Users
seller

Hmm. I'm sure she believes what she's saying, but I don't know that it'll all that true...

In many parts of the world, people NEVER eat/drink dairy products, and they're just fine. I'm sure some internet research can tell you the best foods to supplement your particular diet.

As for the nursing, well, there are lots of tandem nursers out there. I know there are some very informed preggo w/nursling mommas on the Pin - maybe you can post on the pregnancy board there and see if they have suggestions?

My old DS feedback: http://www.kikifoxito.com/ds/forum/i...?topic=11507.0
rds989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 07:28 PM   #34
MamaLove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Rice dream makes vitamin D fortified rice and soy milk. I have never liked the taste of milk, either.

You always gotta go with your insticts and what feels right. The midwife may have good intentions, but that doesn't make her right.

The hormones from unorganic milk could be more harmful than vitamin D deficiency.

Oh, and congrats for being pregnant!!!
Old 06-15-2006, 01:22 AM   #35
woolfulcomforts
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by myajdw
well yes i suppose your right scatterbrainedmom. i really hope i didn't upset anyone or hurt their feelings. i still do think that the mw is not a misinformed person, she is just trying to do the best for her patients and it is by no means something you should find a new mw over. in fact it's just the opposite (even if you do decide to continue nursing that is your business), what i mean is she cares enough to give you her best advice even if it means possibly hurting your feelings. this is good b/c you know she cares. so you should definately stick with her unless there's other signs in the future that you need a new one.

no i understand what you are saying too. she is a very nice person. this is my 4th time with her. and i do love her. she was very nice. but she said that is what she has learned. and that the baby is most important now.

i think if i find a good vit. and am able to eat at least yogurt like bethany said that i should be ok without stopping the BF.

i am so so very tired. and my blood pressure is very low but my hemogloben (sp?) is very good. so im not lacking in iron.

thanks everyone for all your replys they really mean alot to me..
i think its just hard now that im home all day with the 3 boys and not feeling so well. and next week mika is going to be in sweden on business so i will be alone for a week.

i read somewhere that some B vit. helps with the throwin up? also ginger tablets?

hmm now is the time i wish i didnt live in the middle of nowhere. im to tired to drive to town. 30 min. with all 3 monkeys and do to the health store

as for soy milk, i can not handle soy. i get horrible cramps and gas when i have eatten soy. i did tyr some wheat milk but it tasted like water and i didnt like it.
woolfulcomforts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 08:50 AM   #36
scatterbrainedmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by myajdw

What I meat with my op is that is a midwife is adament the bf will hurt you or the baby, and we know it won't fromm many many studies, that maybe she may not be on top of other stuff. And that would worry me. I would have to sit down and have a very involved convo with her. On everything I can think of; cutting the cord, safety measures, bags of water being broken, invasive procedures.
Old 06-15-2006, 08:59 AM   #37
rds989
Registered Users
seller

How 'bout fortified rice milk?

My old DS feedback: http://www.kikifoxito.com/ds/forum/i...?topic=11507.0
rds989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 09:35 AM   #38
MamaZ
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Aren't their veggies that are rich in Vit D? I don't blame you for not wanting to stop bfing. Glad your appt went well otherwise
MamaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 10:21 AM   #39
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

the b vitamin for morning sickness you're thinking of is B6, it helped me a lot with my first. i drank vitamin water (i don't remember which one, but it was chock full of B6) before i would get up and here and there throughout the day and it did help a lot. also preggypopdrops or pops help out some as well. i like the peppermint pops personally. i have some leftover drops though if you would like me to send you some (it's obviously hard for you to get a hold of stuff over there!) just pm me your addy.
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 10:25 AM   #40
Lucky Child
AKA The Evil Twin
Formerly: rrandle
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrandle
I know that the midwife is misinformed, I believe that thereare others on this thread more educated to say why...
I meant to say mis informed here oops!