Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-24-2012, 02:46 PM   #41
mabelinoad
Registered Users
Formerly: Mabelino
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ruby Mamas Chat: July 18-July 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmamabear View Post
Just got back from the chiropractor. Probably going to have to make an acupuncture appt for later this week if still no baby. See the midwife again on thursday so we will go from there. My 3 year old told me today that she talked to the baby and she isn't going to come out any time soon cause she is tired and needs a nap. There is probably some truth to that since it is really loud around here!
i've heard lots of great things about accupuncture! hope it works for you!!

Advertisement

Old 07-25-2012, 05:40 AM   #42
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well I made it to my due date! Today would be a great day to be born baby

How are you doing today? I'm really hoping for baby to come!
Old 07-25-2012, 12:11 PM   #43
melyndie
Registered Users
seller

So those early labor contractions I had starting Monday night? They went on for 24 hours and stopped yesterday evening. Ah! I have only had a few noticeable contractions since.

While waiting for this baby (now 12 days "overdue"), I have definitely got a lot done. Today I even moved the living room furniture and swept under the couches lol.

And now I am going through a cookbook to look for new recipes for DD. With her severe food allergies, she can't eat that many different things, but I am trying to find new meals for her to expand her food preferences and give her some variety. She has really taken an interest in our food lately, so I think she is ready to try some new flavors. She has been really picky up to this point understandably because she hasn't sampled that many different foods.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:53 PM   #44
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sorry momma! these false labor games are emotionally draining.

What's your daughter have for sensitivities? Mine has a ton of them too and we are lacking creativity in the food department I make lots of rice and meat and veggies for the most part and just try to season them in different ways. She is sensitive to gluten, dairy, bananas, carrots, buckwheat and quite a few fruits and veggies. We did find out she can tolerate raw goats milk (she can't do the pasteurized stuff from the store though) so we have our own goat. We like enjoy life foods, they make some snacks she can have, also we really like Food for life brand brown rice bread, larabars are good too, she can't take a lot of nuts or they bother her but some are ok. Sun butter is a great alternative to peanut butter if you need one (one of my boys can't do peanut butter). also we recently found Amande yogurt which is an almond milk yogurt and she loves it! Good for the probiotics too.

If I think of more favorite items I will let you know I'd love to hear any tips or favorites of. Yours. We battle many food sensitivities between the 6 of us here and are always on the lookout for new ideas and snacks.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:52 PM   #45
regenolds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We don't have food issues but are trying to cut out all processed food. I don't have a ton of ideas to share but Tara, since you mentioned larabars I wanted to post this link...
http://www.damyhealth.com/2011/03/ho...ade-lara-bars/

I've made most of these and they are soooo easy. You can just use whatever you don't have issues with.

AFM, Charlotte is 5 days old and doing great. She woke up a little today finally but still not nursing enough to give me any relief. She is so sweet. I was trying to take photos of her today and my preschooler knocked the rack that was holding the back drop over and it nailed me in the head. I got an instant headache and it still hurts sooo bad. I finally took some ibuprofin and dh made me an iced coffee. I hope it doesn't keep me up all night as its almost 7 pm. And last night I finally got all of my dehydrated and ground up placenta in capsules. ick.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:21 PM   #46
melyndie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by marliah
Sorry momma! these false labor games are emotionally draining.

What's your daughter have for sensitivities? Mine has a ton of them too and we are lacking creativity in the food department I make lots of rice and meat and veggies for the most part and just try to season them in different ways. She is sensitive to gluten, dairy, bananas, carrots, buckwheat and quite a few fruits and veggies. We did find out she can tolerate raw goats milk (she can't do the pasteurized stuff from the store though) so we have our own goat. We like enjoy life foods, they make some snacks she can have, also we really like Food for life brand brown rice bread, larabars are good too, she can't take a lot of nuts or they bother her but some are ok. Sun butter is a great alternative to peanut butter if you need one (one of my boys can't do peanut butter). also we recently found Amande yogurt which is an almond milk yogurt and she loves it! Good for the probiotics too.

If I think of more favorite items I will let you know I'd love to hear any tips or favorites of. Yours. We battle many food sensitivities between the 6 of us here and are always on the lookout for new ideas and snacks.
How old is your daughter? Have you seen her sensitivities change at all with age? I am really hoping DD will grow out of hers. My mom had many, many allergies but by age 5 could handle a lot more foods. My DH's sister had them as a child but only has a few as an adult.

I am not sure of all DD's allergies because I have avoided a lot of common allergens (especially if her g-ma and aunt had them) and some I am just not sure of because she has delayed reactions (digestive issues), so what she is reacting to is not always clear. I am fairly certain, though, that she cannot have dairy, wheat (maybe gluten), citrus, apples, bananas, too many vitamin A rich vegetables (carrots, pumpkin, sweet potato, bell pepper, etc), peanuts, too many iron rich foods, corn, strawberries, avocado, pomegranet, and that is what I can remember off the top of my head. She mostly eats beans, rice, rice products, lentils, chickpeas, turkey (she hates all other meat and fish), oats, coconut products, fruits, and vegetables. I have not tried eggs, tomatoes, nuts, or a variety of other things with her yet.

We have tried raw goats milk with her the past two days and are waiting to see if she can tolerate it. I hope so! This is the first time she has had any dairy straight (not through breastmilk).

We are very, very thankful we live in a state with a Trader Joe's now! We get coconut milk yogurt (have you tried that?), uncured turkey bacon and hot dogs, brown rice tortillas, gluten free oats, and other speciality food there that would otherwise be nearly unaffordable.

What does your DD typically eat for breakfast? That is a hard meal for me to come up with a variety of foods for.

One of the hardest challenges in finding foods for DD to eat is her allergy of apples and lemons. They seem to be used in almost every kind of healthy snack, especially apples as a sweetner. :-/ Even a little bit of either of these fruits and DD gets a horrible rash on her bottom. She has no idea what fruit snacks, cookies, cake, etc. are because she never has them or sees us with them (we eat such treats after she is in bed), but I know that can't last forever. At least she has had ice cream! DH made her some with coconut milk. :-)
Old 07-26-2012, 10:48 AM   #47
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks Sarah! I hadnt even thought about making them, that will save us some money.

My daughter is 21 months and she seems to still have the same sensitivities, I'm hoping she will outgrown some of them. The gluten one seems promising cause she isn't bothered when I eat it but she can't eat it. The rest of her food issues are enough that I can't eat them either or it passes through the breast milk.

Sadly she can't tolerate coconut, even me eating it. So we use almond milk products or goat milk. She had a bad reaction to oats once when she was really young and I havent tried them again, I really ought to cause it may have been a texture thing more than anything else (she threw up we eating them).

She can do eggs so oftentimes for breakfast we have eggs or we have organic rice crispies with goats milk, she also likes the rice grits hot cereal or rice bread toast with peanut butter or jelly.

Oh and as far as eggs go some people who cannot tolerate chicken eggs can do duck eggs so that may be an option if she is sensitive to eggs

Last edited by marliah; 07-26-2012 at 10:50 AM.
marliah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:22 AM   #48
msmamabear
Registered Users
seller

Any new babies? I am still here waiting. Tomorrow is 42 weeks.
msmamabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 01:22 PM   #49
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Still waiting here too. I can't believe I'm overdue! Crazy, it's new territory for me!

How many of us are still pregnant? Not many are there?
Old 07-26-2012, 01:34 PM   #50
mabelinoad
Registered Users
Formerly: Mabelino
seller
seller

My Mood:

for you preg ladies!! i thought i was going to be pregnant the longest in our group...15 days overdue! Melissa....have that baby!!!