Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-20-2012, 11:09 AM   #21
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Foreskin & retraction question

Quote:
Originally Posted by abunchoflemons View Post
My cousin didn't circ her boy & when she couldn't retract to clean he got lots of infections then she did circ because all the infections & that it was hard top pull back. If u know about foreskin as he grows he will need to pull back to clean himself too & for sex when he is old enough 4 condoms.
You are NOT supposed to pull it back as you're older, you're supposed to pull it back when it retracts on it's own and not a day before.
And why would you need to pull the foreskin back before intercourse?

Advertisement

Old 07-20-2012, 12:28 PM   #22
MamaNotes
Registered Users

My Mood:
My 3 yr old had his physical this week and the pedi pulled it back or did something.. I couldn't really see exactly it happened so fast, but we weren't very
Comfortable with it. I need to have them put a note in his file that says " do not touch his penis!!"

I told her I didn't think she was suppose to pull it back and she said " I'm not." touched it for a second and was done, sp I'm not sure what she was doing/checking for?

Last edited by MamaNotes; 07-20-2012 at 12:29 PM.
MamaNotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:48 PM   #23
misskira
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

My Mood:

My ped looks at it if the kid is comfortable to make sure it looks fine, but makes a point of asking if we are retracting it and says good when we say no. Ds1 will be 4 next month and his has been fully retracting for at least 6 months or so. But he did it on his own. And even at 3, as goofy as he is and as short as his attention span is, I can tell him to clean his penis and he does a good job washing it. I make sure he rinses it well and we are done. I'm really impressed. Dh said he showed him how to wash it one day and that's all we've had to do. It's that low maintenance. Its pretty much an auto pilot kind of body part.
misskira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:51 PM   #24
misskira
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmamakelsey View Post
You are NOT supposed to pull it back as you're older, you're supposed to pull it back when it retracts on it's own and not a day before.
And why would you need to pull the foreskin back before intercourse?
You don't pull it back for intercourse. It pulls itself back for intercourse and then acts a little bit like a sleeve during. I don't think you could even put a condom over one with the foreskin over the glans. a circed and intact penis look pretty much alike when erect.
misskira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 06:08 AM   #25
Shaunam
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by misskira View Post
You don't pull it back for intercourse. It pulls itself back for intercourse and then acts a little bit like a sleeve during. I don't think you could even put a condom over one with the foreskin over the glans. a circed and intact penis look pretty much alike when erect.
Some men never retract and the foreskin stays forward even for sex. I think you CAN use a condom even if this is the case. In the vast majority of men though, yes it automatically comes back when erect.
Old 07-21-2012, 01:16 PM   #26
Janine
Registered Users

My Mood:
I've heard some doctors like to check to make sure the urethra looks normal, but even that would be a one-time thing. Our pediatrician never did that though. She does check his testicles at each visit, but I think that is just until age 2.