Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-19-2012, 03:21 PM   #11
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnant with Paragard ~ ANY ADVICE APPRECIATED!

Hopefully you won't have to have any intervention if the pregnancy is ectopic. I have a friend who nearly died from one last year
I know what you mean about the BC method, though. The more research I do the more I realize that I'm not okay with pretty much all of them aside from barrier methods. You never know when something like that will happen, even if it's rare.

Advertisement

Old 07-19-2012, 07:30 PM   #12
snugglesnsunshine
Registered Users
Formerly: lovinmomma24
seller

My Mood:
Aww.. I'm sorry. I know it hurts. It doesn't matter if you only knew one single day. Take care of yourself.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:51 AM   #13
el's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommagruber View Post
Thanks for all thoughts, prayers and responses!
Had checkup today and hcg numbers are going down on their own, so she said it is an ectopic that is most likely reabsorbing :,( Will monitor hcg again next week to make sure, but they should go down to no trace.
Although we weren't trying to have another baby now, I'm pretty upset by it and want to go ahead and remove IUD. I'm not at all comfortable with the way they work and am kicking myself for not being more educated about it before I got it
I'm so sorry mama! I had an IUD for 9 months and didn't have any issues, but I too am not ok with what they do. I'll never use anything that's an abortifacient again. I know everyone has different comfort levels regarding this, but my comfort level ends with barrier methods. My friend got pregnant and miscarried while having an IUD. She had her's removed and soon after they decided to TTC. She's due in Oct. I hope everything happens naturally and painlessly for you. Please keep us updated.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:31 PM   #14
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood: