Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-18-2012, 08:15 PM   #1
NikiG
Registered Users
seller

Squirming on the potty?

So the first day I did EC I caught 2 pees and nothing since (a few days). When I hold him in the EC pose over the potty he squirms and straightens his legs/butt so that he's no longer aimed in the potty. Do y'all think this means pee is coming or that he wants off? I can't tell, but would like to get some opinions. I've been taking him off because I don't want him to have negative association with the potty and I wanna keep it fun and no pressure.

Advertisement

NikiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:30 PM   #2
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Squirming on the potty?

Depends on age I think. Some I think just try to early & not let kid be the initiator on training as long as it is b4 school age.
abunchoflemons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:05 PM   #3
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller

Please ignore this anti-EC post by the above poster. This is not their first. I'm not sure they realize this is the EC forum...

Anyway, how old is your babe? I have better luck with my 2mo on a potty than than the toilet. I have the top hat potty and a Baby Bjorn Little Potty.
Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:00 PM   #4
PerfectFifth
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Squirming on the potty?

I suppose the best way to find out is to observe him after you take him off. If he's doing the squirmy thing and then pees/poops not too long after you take him off, then he's probably just uncomfortable because he has to go. DS2 is six weeks old, and sometimes he is super squirmy and grumpy on the pot before he goes. It's hard to tell sometimes, but my rule of thumb is to just let him sit for a few minutes; sometimes he has to work up to it. If not, then he generally gets even more agitated and angry and I know it's time to take him off the potty. It is so hard sometimes to figure out what babies want!
Old 07-19-2012, 01:14 PM   #5
NikiG
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2jandb
Please ignore this anti-EC post by the above poster. This is not their first. I'm not sure they realize this is the EC forum...

Anyway, how old is your babe? I have better luck with my 2mo on a potty than than the toilet. I have the top hat potty and a Baby Bjorn Little Potty.
I didn't actually understand the previous posters sentence, so I've already ignore them.
He's a little over 4 months and I'm using the Ikea potty. I've been giving him naked time and trying to catch based on cues but he really just goes out of nowhere.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:16 PM   #6
NikiG
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectFifth
I suppose the best way to find out is to observe him after you take him off. If he's doing the squirmy thing and then pees/poops not too long after you take him off, then he's probably just uncomfortable because he has to go. DS2 is six weeks old, and sometimes he is super squirmy and grumpy on the pot before he goes. It's hard to tell sometimes, but my rule of thumb is to just let him sit for a few minutes; sometimes he has to work up to it. If not, then he generally gets even more agitated and angry and I know it's time to take him off the potty. It is so hard sometimes to figure out what babies want!
That's what I've been doing and sometimes there a pee after, sometimes not. I think I'll keep him on longer though because I think I'm taking him off too early.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:39 PM   #7
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikiG

I didn't actually understand the previous posters sentence, so I've already ignore them.
He's a little over 4 months and I'm using the Ikea potty. I've been giving him naked time and trying to catch based on cues but he really just goes out of nowhere.
When we started nakey butt time I was missing all the time, so I went with timing rather than cues. Sometimes she is calm and goes right away, sometimes she needs a minute to relax her bladder, and sometimes she fusses and straightens and I don't know if she's working up to something or wants to get off the pot, like a PP said. She definitely doesn't like being held over sinks though. No real advice, just sharing how it goes for us...
Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote