Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-20-2012, 01:34 PM   #1
loveramongstars
Registered Users

I am 9 wks, 5 days today. I am moving August 10th and delayed getting care for that reason. My parents have urged me so I finally called a doctor who takes my insurance. They want me to go in for a "confirmation" before I recieve care. It wont b for 2 mondays so ill b 11 wks then. My periods are regular and I don't remember missing once since I was maybe in middle school. (I started when I was 11, I'm 22.) Yeah, it's also normal for me to throw up randomly when I don't even throw up if I'm sick. So by the time I get another appointment, I'll be gone.
Sorry, just had to rant. I know when I'm pregnant and it's now, especially when my boobs are getting huge and my pants haven't not fit since I hit puberty.

Sent from my Inspire. Hope everything makes sense!

Update: so i had my appointment on monday. They set me up with an ultrasound on thursday. I saw the baby and was the happiest. Hb was 165 and it kept moving so there must be a lot of room in there!

Advertisement

Lover Among Stars, a blog about my journey as a single mom with my little one.

Last edited by loveramongstars; 08-04-2012 at 11:26 AM.
loveramongstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:50 PM   #2
ofthemoonsglow
Registered Users
Formely: Mia**da
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Tiny rant on "Confirmations"

I wouldn't go. My doctor told me once you missed a period ( if you are regular) a cheap pregnancy test you can take at home is just as accurate as what tthey do.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:17 PM   #3
Sarahknavy
Registered Users
seller

Th military does this too.... I have to go take a pee test and get blood work before I even see an OB... then I had to do a whole medical history appt with another lady... then I saw my OB... on the 4th trip to the hospital.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:21 PM   #4
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Not in your DDC, but I feel you. the doctor isn't going to tell you something you don't already know. And a $1 test will "confirm" it...that's what they use in their office! Unless you have a history of complications or reproductive problems (which it doesn't seem you do) then there's no reason to see the doctor yet.
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:51 PM   #5
brookglen
Registered Users

My doctor did the same thing to check viability.
brookglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:18 PM   #6
loveramongstars
Registered Users

Thats the thing. I took 2 ept tests, one digital cuz i wanted to make sure I didn't miss read it. When I go, they'll be mad I won't have a next appointment.

Sent from my Inspire. Hope everything makes sense!

Lover Among Stars, a blog about my journey as a single mom with my little one.
loveramongstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:46 PM   #7
abhernandez
Registered Users

When you move, you'll have to do it again. Its for their records. And I know, at least my insurance requires it. Can you make an apt in your new location?
Old 07-20-2012, 06:10 PM   #8
momomommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've never been made to do two separate appts, though the doctor up here would have made me. For both my last pregnancies, I just called, told them I was pregnant, they made appts for me at 8ish weeks. I believe they had me pee in a cup (I'm sure they did a pregnancy test) and then in that same appt I had my first U/S and exam and all that fun stuff. I don't know why they'd make you do two separate appts when they could just confirm and start your care all in one go. I definitely wouldn't bother since you are moving. I'm also moving (on Monday!) and I'm waiting till after to see a midwife. I have a prenatal consult with a midwife the following Friday, so I'll be about 10 weeks by then.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:00 PM   #9
crunchymom2b
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DDC- it all depends on the provider and I hate it too.

With my loss, I was still unsure who I wanted to see. I tried the group my friends go to and they had me come in for a urine test,which was negative. That was the entire point of the appointment. I then lost thebaby but the entire experience sucked, the nurse was awful and ugh.

Then this time around I had been seeing an RE for something else so I called them when I got the positive digital test. They had me come in and see the RE and start my betas. He went over my dates and symptoms, answered any questions, etc, and I had the blood work. Did another draw two days later and also already had an ultrasound appointment made for 6ish weeks. (well, thought I was 7 weeks). Another ultrasound 2 weeks later and I was then released to OB care. I stuck with my original midwife group. Since I already had confirmation I was scheduled to see the nurse to take history, which is so stupid IMO. We went over all the information in their system from my last pregnancy. Then a few days later I finally started my actual prenatal care.

I'd just make an appointment for when you move mama. No use in anything beforehand. Hugs!

Alycia + Tom = 2 Labor Day babies! Tommy (9/09) + Vinny (9/12)
Under construction: unexpectedly expecting in 2015!
crunchymom2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:47 PM   #10
My_Tree_Grows
Registered Users
Formerly: em**nti
seller
seller

My Mood:

I hear you. With both DS and this pregnancy, I went to my idiot of a family doctor, peed in her cup, had her tell me I was NOT pregnant (yes, both times...she also has the receptionist do the pregnancy testing, which is obviously going well ) and then send my pee off to the lab. I then had to wait for the lab results and a follow up call from her 2 weeks later (yes, both times) to say, "oops, we agree now that you are pregnant and you can book an appointment to come back in." What a waste of time.

Last edited by My_Tree_Grows; 07-20-2012 at 08:49 PM.
My_Tree_Grows is offline   Reply With Quote