Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-19-2012, 09:07 AM   #11
mommy2sammy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
My 4 year old loves the PBS shows, but is also a huge scooby doo and smurfs fan! We like to watch the old school together too, I'm not sure he really gets scooby, but loves to watch the dog doing silly things.

Advertisement

Old 07-19-2012, 09:14 AM   #12
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Re: Talk to me about cartoons...

At that age, my kids have enjoyed Scooby Doo, Thomas the Tank Engine, Bob the Builder, Clifford, Charlie and Lola (I love this one), and occasionally a movie (Monsters Inc, Cars, Cinderella, the Barbie movies). Oh, and VeggieTales.

Those are the shows that I didn't mind watching. The ones I didn't care so much for were Dora, Diego, Wonder Pets, and a few others from Nick, Jr or Disney.

We always get our shows from DVD's at the library, DVD's we bought, and Netflix. Sometimes PBS, when we have any tv stations (we don't currently).
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:16 AM   #13
Nickel+3
Registered Users
Formerly: nickel+2
seller

My Mood:
My 2 year old loves wall-e, wonder pets, and Americas funniest home videos. We don't have tv, just Netflix
#4 due in October!
Nickel+3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:21 AM   #14
mommy2sammy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Ohhhh, I forgot about wonder pets, we sing the theme song allllll day long! And I was sad when ds outgrew Dino train, I loved that one.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:22 AM   #15
raymark
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancermommy1 View Post
I've never heard of Sid, so I will check it out on itunes or youtube. Yes, I think Martha & George require to much concentration---i.e. ability to pay attention to story lines. Martha seems more like it is for a 5-6 year old age group, and George for at least the 3-4 age crowd.
My girls loved Sid at around the age of 2, and it is a PBS cartoon.

My girls addore Dora and Ni Hao Kai Lan! I really appreciate them watching both of these because of how they expose my children to other cultures and foreign vocab words. We would totally move to Minneapolis just to put my DDs in a particular Chinese imersion school (just need my kids to be promised spots and thats not possible..Grrr!).

My girls also watch just about anything on Nick Jr and Disney Jr. Doc McStuffins is a fav here too, as well as Miss Spider, and Strawberry Shortcake. They really started getting into most Disney movies at around 2.5 and although we've watched Dispicable Me at least 250 times it is so cute that I still adore it! What is really killing me is waiting until this fall for Cinderella to be released in 3D - we've been watching Bibbity Bobbity Boo practically daily on youtube and I can't wait to share the whole movie with my girls <3

Last edited by raymark; 07-19-2012 at 09:35 AM. Reason: added content
raymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:25 AM   #16
raymark
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh, I almost forgot!!! I am a huge fan of Juno Baby. Adorable, educational, really great music, and attention grabbing! We were introduced to it through iPad apps when my girls were probably closer to 18 mo and had to order the DVDs
raymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:35 AM   #17
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

PBS-Sesame Street, Dinosaur Train, Super Why, and Word World. Sid is good too but the others are way less annoying and they are all educationsl

DVDs--Nickelodeon shows--Mike the Knight, Dino Dan (although he may be to young but my kids are crazy about dinos) Team Omizoomi, Bubble Guppies, Backyardigans

DVDs-Disney--Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Special Agent Oso (annoying but the kids like him), Chugginton, Doc McStuffins.

I am sure I am leaving some out. I do want to point out that my children do not watch these everyday they are just some of the shows they liked or use to like. LOL!!

We are on a PBS only kick right now where Super Why and Word World are must and then thats it.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:35 AM   #18
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

PBS-Sesame Street, Dinosaur Train, Super Why, and Word World. Sid is good too but the others are way less annoying and they are all educationsl

DVDs--Nickelodeon shows--Mike the Knight, Dino Dan (although he may be to young but my kids are crazy about dinos) Team Omizoomi, Bubble Guppies, Backyardigans

DVDs-Disney--Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Special Agent Oso (annoying but the kids like him), Chugginton, Doc McStuffins.

I am sure I am leaving some out. I do want to point out that my children do not watch these everyday they are just some of the shows they liked or use to like. LOL!!

We are on a PBS only kick right now where Super Why and Word World are must and then thats it.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:51 AM   #19
AfWife8405
Registered Users
seller
seller

Some favorites in our house:

Thomas, Jake & the Never Land Pirates, Mickey Mouse Club House, Super Why, Sid the Science Kid, Caillou, Bob the Builder, Guess How Much I Love You, Handy Manny, Chugginton, Little Einsteins and my daughter LOVES Dora, but its not my favorite.

That sounds like a lot but we try to limit it to 1 hour a day and less on school days.

My favorite growing up was Inspector Gadget, lol, haven't seen that one in a long time. I also like the Jetsons & the Flintstones but my kids could care less about those.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:57 AM   #20
AfWife8405
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymark View Post
My girls loved Sid at around the age of 2, and it is a PBS cartoon.

My girls addore Dora and Ni Hao Kai Lan! I really appreciate them watching both of these because of how they expose my children to other cultures and foreign vocab words. We would totally move to Minneapolis just to put my DDs in a particular Chinese imersion school (just need my kids to be promised spots and thats not possible..Grrr!).

My girls also watch just about anything on Nick Jr and Disney Jr. Doc McStuffins is a fav here too, as well as Miss Spider, and Strawberry Shortcake. They really started getting into most Disney movies at around 2.5 and although we've watched Dispicable Me at least 250 times it is so cute that I still adore it! What is really killing me is waiting until this fall for Cinderella to be released in 3D - we've been watching Bibbity Bobbity Boo practically daily on youtube and I can't wait to share the whole movie with my girls <3
Me too!!! It was my FAVORITE movie growing up and every since I found out I was pg with DD over 3 years ago I have wanted to buy it for her/us. I cannot wait to get it!