Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 07-20-2012, 07:53 AM   #31
Registered Users
Re: Talk to me about cartoons...

Thanks for all the answers! This gives me a good idea of what to expect he will like. Right now he will ask to "watch tv" but then he really doesn't watch for more than 3-4 minutes before he wants to do something else.

While I'm glad he's not a tv addict, I do sort of long for a time when he will watch a 30 minute cartoon so I can, you know, pee in peace or something hahaha.

This especially gives me great ideas for our upcoming 5 hour cross-country flight. We have Yo Gabba, but I'll download some sesame street and some Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and probably some animal planet as well.

He watched about 5 minutes of scooby doo with me yesterday. He liked the theme song and wanted to watch it (the intro) about 5 times in a row....but once the cartoon started he got bored. I guess the storyline is too advanced for him right now.

Bellydancing, Jesus-loving, cloth-diapering ecologist and Mommy to Michael Christopher, born July 8, 2010!!

Please Visit my ETSY store benefiting women and children in poverty!

YOU can make a difference in developing countries, one precious child at a time!
dancermommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:34 AM   #32
Banned - User Requested
Re: Talk to me about cartoons...

I think you can convince kids to like any cartoon you choose...i only let the kids watch pink panther because I think it exercises their minds to be able to follow a silent film plot. Dh only watches wallace and grommet or fantastic mr. fox with them because hes obsessed with claymation.

That being said, my first two watched tv from young ages because I use it as a babysitter while pregnant. My youngest has never seen me pregnant and exhausted and has therefore never watched tv until very recently (he turned 2 in may). It doesn't hold his attention like the others. I really think that may be why youre son seems uninterested...just because he isn't used to tv and wants to play. You can probably put anything on and he'll act the same way for a while until he becomes familiar with the show.
harmoni247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:25 AM   #33
Registered Users
My Mood:
You probably CAN make kids watch whatever, but even though she like YoGabbaGabba, she loses interest quickly if they go too long without showing DJLance. She is not attached to the other characters.

We've been at other people's houses where their tv was on and other shows get a little watch, but not much at all before she runs off. For which I am thankful.
SAHM to Magnolia May (09/10) and Luke Russett (04/13) and wife and best friend to my airman.
EmilytheStrange is offline   Reply With Quote