Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-21-2012, 02:28 PM   #41
L&A'smommy
Registered Users
Formerly: laylaeomommy
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannic
I know this is not the norm, but my midwife had a birth a couple of weeks ago where the baby was supposed to be a boy (confirmed by two 3d US!) and instead was a girl! It was quite the shocker, lol. The mom had dual care....
I have met 2 moms at BRU returning items due to being told wrong at several u/s. one in December the other in March. It has made me incredibly nervous buying all of the stuff I've bought. I'm 24w 4d. I have clear as day u/s pics of my sons boy parts so hopefully he's still a boy. It was confirmed at 18 w u/s and again at 22w u/s so I guess we'll see.

Advertisement

Old 07-21-2012, 02:50 PM   #42
chach4
Registered Users
seller

A friend was told they were having a girl, bought all girlhood stuff, got rid of their boyish stuff and were going to be done having babies since they THOUGHT they were going to have their boy and their girl.... NOPE. Baby was born and def not a girl...
Threw mom into some depression, it totally changed her life plans.

At my 20 week ultrasound, I brought it up to my ultrasound doc (tho I didn't find out gender, not til next month when babe is born!). And he said that really with the technology now, if they can't tell gender then they probably shouldn't be performing ultrasounds.
chach4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 01:15 PM   #43
sarchamar
Registered Users
seller

Re: Anyone have a "boy" at 17 weeks that turned into a girl later?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
It wasn't that kind of shot. It was as if "he" were laying out for a tan, on his back, and the "camera" was above "him" lol. We got a full-body shot since "he" is little enough to still fit entirely in the window. Well, full-body from head to about calves anyway.
Oh, I see. I know you can definitely see a penis from that angle sometimes, even though it's not a standard shot (thank you, 400 ultrasounds with DS). They point straight up toward the baby's head and are pretty tough to miss when you're in the right spot. It's too bad they didn't give you a photo, though.

Are you going to get another u/s soon, or do you have to wait awhile? I remember feeling so much more obsessed with the baby's sex after I heard "probably boy" or "probably girl" than I felt when I didn't have a clue either way. It drove me crazy for some reason. I found that if I couldn't know for sure, then I'd apparently rather not know at all. I hope everything continues to go well for you, but that you don't have to wonder too long either!
Old 07-22-2012, 07:29 PM   #44
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarchamar View Post
Oh, I see. I know you can definitely see a penis from that angle sometimes, even though it's not a standard shot (thank you, 400 ultrasounds with DS). They point straight up toward the baby's head and are pretty tough to miss when you're in the right spot. It's too bad they didn't give you a photo, though.

Are you going to get another u/s soon, or do you have to wait awhile? I remember feeling so much more obsessed with the baby's sex after I heard "probably boy" or "probably girl" than I felt when I didn't have a clue either way. It drove me crazy for some reason. I found that if I couldn't know for sure, then I'd apparently rather not know at all. I hope everything continues to go well for you, but that you don't have to wonder too long either!
It points up towards his head when taken from that angle? Hmmmmmm. My baby's "whatever" was very clearly pointing down towards the toes. And I remember it doing that on B's ultrasound, too, when there was a quick view from that angle as he rolled over, lol. I remember, though, B's clearly looked "finger-like" (and his u/s was at 20 weeks, not 17), and this one on this baby was sort of... I don't know, short and fat? lol.

My next u/s is on 8/8 (that's the "real" one) and then the gender party where we'll find out is on 8/11.
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:13 PM   #45
Reuben Christopher
Registered Users
Formerly: unbreakableangel
seller

My Mood:

We had an u/s at 18+ weeks and dd looked like boy. The Dr said he was 70-80% sure but he couldn't see a sack (not a good view) so he couldn't say it was for sure but he thought it most likely was. Went back 2 weeks later (power went out due to storm during u/s so we had to finish measurements) and baby was very much a little girl. I thought it was odd that he said boy because I always *know* the what the babies gender is from early on. I just know, I can't explain it better than that and 3 kids I haven't been wrong yet, so when we went back and he said girl I was like, okay that sounds right. I had a friend who they told her hers was for sure a girl and she got all girly stuff and whatnot and she had a boy!
ISO/IHA!
Reuben Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:14 PM   #46
Melmonkey
Creator Of The Pixie Skirtie<br>www.hyenacart.com/Melmonkeyszoo
seller
seller

My Mood:

See this is why I stay team green.....lol

I am sure that what ever name you come up with will suit baby just fine
Old 07-22-2012, 08:53 PM   #47
Reuben Christopher
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981 View Post
I'll let you know next week. My real
Ultrasound is on thursday. Lol!! Does a turtle turn into a taco? I think not. I think mistakes are made when clear views aren't available.
Actually when very tiny they both stick out like a boy. As they grow the girls grow in and the other parts grow up to cover and the boys keep growing out and grow a sack.
ISO/IHA!
Old 07-22-2012, 08:56 PM   #48
Reuben Christopher
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by L&A'smommy View Post
I have met 2 moms at BRU returning items due to being told wrong at several u/s. one in December the other in March. It has made me incredibly nervous buying all of the stuff I've bought. I'm 24w 4d. I have clear as day u/s pics of my sons boy parts so hopefully he's still a boy. It was confirmed at 18 w u/s and again at 22w u/s so I guess we'll see.
If you clearly saw a sack then it's a boy!
ISO/IHA!
Old 07-22-2012, 09:03 PM   #49
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuben Christopher

Actually when very tiny they both stick out like a boy. As they grow the girls grow in and the other parts grow up to cover and the boys keep growing out and grow a sack.
yeah, I saw that on baby center video. BUT I can't fathom a turtle, like my kid, turning into anything but a penis. Crazy obvious.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:56 PM   #50
busyteacher
Registered Users
seller
seller

We were told at 16 weeks we were having a boy and it was definitely obvious! Like a pp said if you had a good tech thats been doing it awhile then I would say its probably going to stay a boy.
busyteacher is offline   Reply With Quote