Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-20-2012, 05:39 PM   #1
Mom2brynlee
Registered Users
seller

Purchase diapers say via BRU and have them shipped directly to a buyer? We just returned a bunch of stuff that we got for our baby shower and in addition got a bunch of gift cards. I added it all up today and For BRU alone it's well over $700. I know that BRU has flips, gdiapers and BG pockets but I don't really care for any of these diapers and have no use for that much store credit. I was wondering if someone Paypaled me for say $5 off of the sale price if I could do a sell or trade that way or if that is a big no-no and I need to just order these diapers and get them in and pray someone will buy them? Thanks!

Advertisement

Last edited by Mom2brynlee; 07-20-2012 at 05:40 PM.
Mom2brynlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:42 PM   #2
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Could i... ?

you would be more likely to just sell the gift cards and credit for slightly less than their value. I personally would not make a purchase the way you described, nor as a buyer or seller, as there is no protection. And for you as the seller it's even worse because even if they send it as goods, there will be no way for you to prove delivery for that transaction and someone could file a claim and win
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:05 PM   #3
Mom2brynlee
Registered Users
seller

Okay. So could I sell the cards on the ISO forums?
Old 07-20-2012, 06:07 PM   #4
Mom2brynlee
Registered Users
seller

Or is there no protection there either? That's what worries me is that I will sell the card for say $40 for a $50 card and the buyer claim that I did not send a $50 card. Kwim?? I dunno. Does that happen?
Old 07-20-2012, 06:21 PM   #5
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

U just have to prove if file claimed u sent stuff & when. I know packages are easy but u could require a signiture to get as proof.....
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:44 PM   #6
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Selling the gift cards themselves would be the way to go. Doing diapers through a third party like that would be attempting to sell items that aren't in hand, and is against the site rules.

Re: verification of the value of the card, you could send a screen shot of where you checked the balance at the time of the PP transaction showing the buyer the balance. When they get the card, they would have full access to the history of transactions and could know if the balance really was current or not.
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:57 PM   #7
Mom2brynlee
Registered Users
seller

Okay. One more thing re gift cards. After pp is sent and I do the screen shot, could I send the buyer the card information so they can use it immediately? Or just send the card in the mail without sending the information for immediate use?
Old 07-20-2012, 07:20 PM   #8
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

You can do both BUT make sure you put dc on it and so it can't be sent as a letter for .44 stamp, you'd have to use a mailer and toss a packing peanut or something in to make it thicker so dc can be used. DC is for your proof and protection.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:24 PM   #9
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

I mail it. I honestly don't want anymore issues than need be. Waiting a few days for a card, shouldn't be an issue.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:31 PM   #10
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Mailing would be better so that there's no chance of the GC/pin number being typoed when sent to the buyer. And definitely ditto what Sally said about sending it as a "package" so you can get DC on it.
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote