Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-19-2012, 06:05 PM   #1
MandeeTheGreat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
To sell the diapers or not??

Ok to keep the diapers or not? I cloth diapered my son until he potty trained and I cloth diapered my baby girl until we started practicing EC,somewhere around 3 months old. ( I loved cloth diapers and had a GIANT stash. I'm talking over 100+. I dont know why I am struggling with the idea of selling them? She is 6 months old now and wears trainers during the day and has a select few diapers that she wears during night time. I know that you cant unlearn about EC. So my mindset will never change now about it and I would always practice ec any future babies. But for some reason I am worried I might need them at some point. I think I might have some weird crazy hoarder emotional attachment to them. -Sigh- I am crazy right?

Advertisement

12/16/10 & Cesilee 12/29/11
Born Preemie @ 35 weeks, Check the Blog and shop ZULILY

MandeeTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:12 PM   #2
mommy2sammy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'll never sell my sons first diapers, they are the first cloth I purchased and now my daughter wears them. I am very emotionally attached to them.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:16 PM   #3
shen7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: To sell the diapers or not??

I would sell some of your high value ones or ones you are less attached to but keep some around. I have heard stories of even EC-from-birth babies going on huge potty strikes at certain big developmental leaps (like walking or talking) and needing diapers again semi-regularly for a month or two. So I would keep about 2-3 dozen of your favorites around just in case. It may guarantee that you will not need them - like reverse Murphy's Law - haven't you noticed that every time you bring an umbrella "just in case", it doesn't rain???
shen7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:14 PM   #4
mommypockets
Registered Users
seller

We are going through this same thing right now. I just bought 18 trainers and have TONS of GMD workhorses to sell. I've decided to keep 2 dozen smalls for the next (hypothetical?) baby. I'm selling off a dozen mediums. My thought is that after the smalls are outgrown, any future baby would be ready for trainers. And if not, I can always buy more!

Sell, mama. Past whatever stage newborn/small you might need. Of course, keep any sentimental ones. Lmao. Sentimental and diapers. Yup. We are off our flippin' rocker some times, eh?
mommypockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:34 PM   #5
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i would sell some but when DD was around 12 months old she refused to use the potty and would only go in her diaper for several months
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:00 AM   #6
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

I'd sell some but keep enough in case of a potty strike, or other emergency like illness or if someone else has to care for your child.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:00 PM   #7
colin-mylilguy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by shen7 View Post
I would sell some of your high value ones or ones you are less attached to but keep some around. I have heard stories of even EC-from-birth babies going on huge potty strikes at certain big developmental leaps (like walking or talking) and needing diapers again semi-regularly for a month or two. So I would keep about 2-3 dozen of your favorites around just in case. It may guarantee that you will not need them - like reverse Murphy's Law - haven't you noticed that every time you bring an umbrella "just in case", it doesn't rain???

My little guy refused, absolutely-wouldn't-go-near-the-potty-and-would-cry-if-I-tried refused around 12 months (and started walking at the same time) so we definitely had to use diapers then.

I'd keep a few dozen, just in case, and sell the ones you aren't as super-attached to.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:49 PM   #8
NooneeWilga
Registered Users

Even when my DD wasn't very willing to use the potty or toilet during a potty pause just after she started walking, we continued to use training pants. I kept offering the potty and toilet and changing the trainers when they were wet. One day, she just went back to willing to go on the potty. If that day, she had been wearing dipes, it would have taken longer to get her on the potty and we might have missed the sliver of an opportunity to return to regular accepting the potty/toilet KWIM?
NooneeWilga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:30 PM   #9
MandeeTheGreat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I think I will sell the pocket diapers and other diapers that inhibit the "wet" feeling for baby first, I wouldn't ever use them again. I would always ec any babies and I don't believe in potty strikes really. We get lots of misses sometimes and sometimes we go through a ton of trainers. But I could never change my mindset and just let baby sit in their pee or poop. Even if I have another baby I think I would use thin fitteds/prefolds. I think I will go through them all and decide which are sentimental and which I should let go. I don't have room to store over 100 diapers and 40 trainers/undies!
12/16/10 & Cesilee 12/29/11
Born Preemie @ 35 weeks, Check the Blog and shop ZULILY

MandeeTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 12:23 PM   #10
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller

Just curious, what trainers are you using?
Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote