Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-21-2012, 02:30 PM   #21
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyful Tie Dyes

katie you can't just say that ans not tell us what happened!
Most chiros here do xray prior to treatment (i wasnt pregnant at the time). He said I had major spinal issues, like bulging discs, scoliosis, and bad alignment. So I went a ahead with his treatment plan. Went several times a week (cash pay) and week by week things got worse, he said it was normal and to continue. In the interim I got severe balance issues and decided to head to my GP, and was referred to nuerology. The nuero asked me to bring my xrays so I did.

I didnt have any bulging discs, scoliosis or alignment issues. But I did have a giant cysts in my lower lumbar that was not hard to miss on xray. So i went for brain, neck and spinal mri. I have a cyst the size of tangerine in my spinal cord and lesions that appear in MS patients (but not enough lesions for a ms diagnosis at the time)

I still have the cyst and it causes me pain but it was so much worse during chiropractic treatment. The balance issues were caused by chiro treatment and took 2 years of three time a week therapy to get me to be able to drive again and wall normally. I still have some balance loss.

Thats my story, but i do know lots that swear by it and some that dont. If it works great but I am very leary of it after reading stories like mine.

Advertisement

ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:25 PM   #22
Only
Registered Users
Formerly: hu**rees
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmelody

Most chiros here do xray prior to treatment (i wasnt pregnant at the time). He said I had major spinal issues, like bulging discs, scoliosis, and bad alignment. So I went a ahead with his treatment plan. Went several times a week (cash pay) and week by week things got worse, he said it was normal and to continue. In the interim I got severe balance issues and decided to head to my GP, and was referred to nuerology. The nuero asked me to bring my xrays so I did.

I didnt have any bulging discs, scoliosis or alignment issues. But I did have a giant cysts in my lower lumbar that was not hard to miss on xray. So i went for brain, neck and spinal mri. I have a cyst the size of tangerine in my spinal cord and lesions that appear in MS patients (but not enough lesions for a ms diagnosis at the time)

I still have the cyst and it causes me pain but it was so much worse during chiropractic treatment. The balance issues were caused by chiro treatment and took 2 years of three time a week therapy to get me to be able to drive again and wall normally. I still have some balance loss.

Thats my story, but i do know lots that swear by it and some that dont. If it works great but I am very leary of it after reading stories like mine.
I'm not surprised! Many chiros are little weasels.

I normally get adjusted by my Mom's close friend but he was out for a bit so I went to another. The chiro made up a million things wrong with me and said I would need to be adjusted 3 times a week for several weeks. I saw my normal chiro the following week and it was total crap! He fixed me in one adjustment.

Austen 06/12
Only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 06:25 PM   #23
crunchymom2b
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: DO you see a chiropractor while pregnant?

Sadly, I think I may have found one of the bad ones. I remember how much the chiro helped during my first pregnancy so I was super sad when he wouldn't djust me this time around. The chiro I found after is an "all natural" guy. Doesn't even vax his kids. I thought I found the perfect doctor for me! I couldn't have xrays so they did some thermograpy type thing, where they ran a little roll down my spine and it showed heat imbalances. Then he had me bend certain ways and told me that I'm not bending from the right spot, that basically my whole body would lean. That and my lower back was super tight as well as my neck and a couple other things I can't remember.

After my first adjustment I went from having sciatica only on my right to suddenly having intense pain on my left too. I figured I neede dto give it a few more tries. I went 2-3 times a week for 2-3 weeks and my pain has both gotten asmidge better and a lot worse. The pain doesn't last as long and happen as often but now both sides will hurt and I still can't walk that well after getting out of bed.Not at all the experience I had the first time around :-/

Alycia + Tom = 2 Labor Day babies! Tommy (9/09) + Vinny (9/12)
Under construction: unexpectedly expecting in 2015!
crunchymom2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 06:32 PM   #24
Brooke789
Registered Users
seller
seller

I did NOT, but I wish I had! We started seeing a chiro when my twins were 17 months and it helped so much with them (reduced my DD's carsickness to 95% of the time to 15-20% of the time AND got my DS walking). If I'm ever pregnant again I'm going to the chiro and they'll be there immediately after birth
Brooke789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 06:37 PM   #25
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yes! He is amazing. I am going now, especially since I am still running at 20 weeks! Yeah!
Old 07-22-2012, 12:05 AM   #26
jackyl08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yes! My second birth was fast and easy, which I am convinced was because of my chiro. She is pretty crunchy and kinda weird, BUT she specializes in prenatal chiropractic. She did no x-rays or anything and just made sure I was all aligned, including my pelvis. I pushed for ten minutes and had 4 stitches from a small tear. I was up and around within in an hour.
Old 07-22-2012, 12:14 AM   #27
mommypockets
Registered Users
seller

I went twice a week from 20-wks on. I had horrible sciatic nerve pain and baby was transverse until the last few weeks. Even with months and months of Webster, 2x a week, baby remained sideways and only put her head down. Lol. But it was enough to have my VBAC. Labor was 3-days. It was crazy. So chiro doesn't always make for short, peaceful labors.
mommypockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:18 AM   #28
wyoming butterfly
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Yes with all my kids. They all also get regular adjustments too. But I am also sleeping with my Chiropractor...it is DH, lol.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:12 PM   #29
PurpleDaffodil
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugstrees View Post
I'm not surprised! Many chiros are little weasels.
Wow, judgmental much?

IMO Chiros are like any other doctor, dentist, etc. You need to try a few to see what you like. But yes, I see one and i loove it. I feel so much better after an appointment.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:16 PM   #30
mumtothem
Registered Users
seller
seller

Ok not to hijack your thread OP but It has been suggested that I go to one but Im scared to go!Tell me what they did/ do for sciatic pain during pregnancy, please