Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-20-2012, 02:29 AM   #1
Umm_Ibraheem
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Cool Will you find out the gender? Why or why not?

The ladies over at March DDC asked this question and I'm interested to know about you ladies. Will you be finding out the gender? Why or why not?

Me?
DS 2008: Didn't find out.
DD 2010: Didn't find out
Rainbow Baby 2013: Wont find out.

I much prefer the "SURPRISE ITS A _______" I can go the whole pregnancy without needing to know. For DD we had to do an ultrasound around 8 months because I came in to care late and MW wanted to make sure the attachment of the placenta. THE WHOLE time I was like "DON'T TELL ME!" followed by "well since we are already here... NO WAIT DON'T TELL ME! well we are right here and it wont...NO DON'T TELL ME!"

Poor ultrasound lady. I must have sounded CRAZY to her.

Advertisement

Umm_Ibraheem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:31 AM   #2
808mamaof3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Will you find out the gender? Why or why not?

I'm such a type A planner and not a fan of surprises (weird but true), so I NEED to find out. Plus, since I have 2 boys already, I'd like to know if I can unload the GN and boy clothes and buy pink..or if I'm all set to go.

I totally get the want of a surprise and other mommas who buy all gn clothes either way, but its not for me.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:17 AM   #3
rachaeljohnson
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

we didn't know with our first, knew with michael, and won't know this time.

I did feel more attached/bonded with michael since i could give him a name and stuff, but man i love suprise...i also don't like sterotyping what the kid will be like once you know.

I don't do neutral clothes really...i but a bit of each at garage sales and stuff...and then have the closet 1/3 girly 1/3 boyish and 1/3 either way. It's fun that way.
~MY BLOG~

rachaeljohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:23 AM   #4
abhernandez
Registered Users

I want the surprise of waiting.... I feel like so much "magic" has been removed from pregnancy... Says the girl who will have had 3 scans in the first 12 weeks. And I also think struggling so much to get a sticky baby has made me really jaded. I don't enjoy it at all even though Ive had honestly a super easy 1st trimester. So I'm hoping the anticipation of the surprise will bring back the magic and my excitement later in pregnancy.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:12 AM   #5
Hunny Bunny Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: KalleS
seller
seller

My Mood:

We will definitely find out. We have three girls, and we have found out every time. I have zero patience and really like to plan ahead....I am actually seriously dying to know now, and am hoping to get a sneak peek at my nuchal scan I will also be knitting all of baby's stash, so while I am doing a few gender neutral things now...I really like to do mostly gender specific things.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:18 AM   #6
weesej
Registered Users
seller
seller

I end up with so many ultrasounds...being high risk...that I inevitably catch on.

DS #1 Surprise
DD#2 Surprise
DD#3 Surprise
DS#4 Surprise
DD#5 Found out at 37 weeks...5 days before birth...tech told when she was told not to
DS#6 Found out at 24 weeks
DS#7 Found out at 17 weeks
DS#8 Found out at 28 weeks

I want to know this time. If it is another boy I'm all set...and need time to adjust. If it is a girl I get to do some shopping!

"It's not healthy to have spirochetes eating away at your brain" What do you know about Lyme?
weesej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:37 AM   #7
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We will find out again. I did ask DH if he wanted to let it be a surprise since this is our last birth child(as in vasectomy next Friday) and he said NO WAY!! I did decide to have the tech write it down and seal it for us though. We have always just let them tell us but I would like to have a more private moment this time. I also want to make a great surprise for the kids. There was a mama on here that filled a huge box with gender colored helium balloons hooked to the bottom so that when the kids open the box the balloons float up but not away kwim?
Old 07-20-2012, 07:39 AM   #8
lisha622
Registered Users
seller

We found out with DD#1.

We'll find out again with this one.

DH doesn't like surprises, so that's the main reason we find out. Here's the thing about it... there are mamas who don't find out and swear it's so much more special and they love that hospital moment, and then there are mamas I know who found out with some and didn't find out with others and really thought both were special... and that's where I think I would lie. I LOVED the special moment in the u/s room when we found out. It truly felt like Christmas to me. And if we didn't find out, we wouldn't have had that special moment. And since birth is so exciting with getting to meet your baby for the first time and seeing what they look like and starting to nurse and introducing him/her to everyone else, I kind of like getting to have 2 special moments (one in the u/s room and one at birth). I'm sure if we ever have a baby we don't find out with that I will really enjoy it and it will be a different kind of special, but I really think I'm one of those mamas who find both special.

Also, my best friend doesn't find out and has been pregnant both times I have been, so I feel like I get a surprise through her baby

Also, I don't like the idea of my midwife knowing and I don't know haha. Plus I've had several friends who've had it ruined for them when they wanted a surprise and that would suck.

Is that enough reasons haha?
Old 07-20-2012, 08:11 AM   #9
scwendy
Registered Users
seller

I found out with all four of my children, because I like to know everything possible.

I will NOT find out with our fifth and final child, because I think it will be a fun twist on our last pregnancy and I want to see if I have the willpower
scwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:25 AM   #10
farmmomma4
Registered Users

We are not finding out. We did with our first 2 and it was nice to plan ahead but i also really like the idea of being supried. I hope i stick with it and dont cave.
farmmomma4 is offline   Reply With Quote