Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-20-2012, 08:17 PM   #21
juliasmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I am in 2 local Mommy/playgroup fb groups...both are no soliciting. There are lots of other options for local b/s/t: start your own group, use CL, find a local swap fb group. Dont fault the founder/moderator for enforcing the group rules. If you think she is a meanie then dont associate with her.

Advertisement

Old 07-21-2012, 06:58 AM   #22
mamashhon
Registered Users
Formerly: m2bs11n5
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjg2043
It was an online group? Even better - move on. Maybe you should start your own.
This.

I've learned the hard way to just mooove on. Not with local moms, but i have come across elitist moms in local stuff too. I stick to even if its not something i agree with, if i don't have something nice to say..don't say it at all. Online drama and wars are not worth it. Every now and then i feel like speaking up (maybe on here) and i always regret it. Online drama isn't worth my time.

Yep, she sounds like a B. Start your own group and move on. If she's being this controlling and mean (i can't stand overly moderated stuff, especially fb groups and constant censorship unless it is truly inappropriate) other moms will pick up on this and move on unless they're in her clique. And if that's the case, you probably don't want to associate with them either anyway!
Old 07-21-2012, 03:24 PM   #23
mamamujer
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have great luck selling diapers on here, fb groups, meetups and Craigslist if you're feeling uncomfortable don't stay and raise the level of negativity my dear. Bringing up her money situation wasn't necessary either.....
mamamujer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:16 PM   #24
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Sounds like you got sucked into the drama. I think a lot of PPs missed the part about the double standard of allowing other similar posts.

The best thing you can do is not feed the drama dragon. Move on. Nothing good will come of online arguments, and why would you want to associate with this mama anyway? If you have mommy friends, start you're own group!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:46 PM   #25
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHouse
Personally, I hate seeing B/S/T ads on my Facebook mommy pages... all those pages also have a B/S/T page that goes along with them, and all ads are placed there. I can understand why the mod in your OP didn't want you constantly posting about diapers you want to sell. I'm co-leader of a local AP group, and we have a Facebook page... all B/S/T ads get deleted, and we ask the seller to post them on our B/S/T page instead. That's one of the rules, so our page isn't constantly getting spammed.
But you also don't allow your friends to post ads in the regular group and not mamas you dislike. Or reprimand mamas you don't like for posting about something others have already posted, where they didn't get reprimanded. I think that is where the main frustration came from for OP. Which, I think is a crap move.

However, it's her crap move to make as page owner/mod. And you (OP) getting into a petty battle where you act 5 doesn't change a thing about that. I would've messaged her and any other mods my concerns on the favoritism in the group. If they were jerks, I would've left. Being an adult puts you above the petty grudge matches.

That's how you do, and do not, deal with mean mamas.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote