Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-22-2012, 11:42 PM   #11
My_Tree_Grows
Registered Users
Formerly: em**nti
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Hypnobirthing?

It's not too early, I've already purchased my Hypnobabies home study course for this pregnancy and I started practicing with the free Relax Me track before conceiving. I would far prefer to take a class based on what I've read, but unfortunately there aren't any instructors in my province at last check. You can buy a used home study course on DS as long as you're stalking it; they tend to go quickly. Also, some people sell their in-class materials which are different from the full home study course, which is something to keep in mind.

Advertisement

Old 07-23-2012, 07:58 AM   #12
Blueberry32
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by My_Tree_Grows
It's not too early, I've already purchased my Hypnobabies home study course for this pregnancy and I started practicing with the free Relax Me track before conceiving. I would far prefer to take a class based on what I've read, but unfortunately there aren't any instructors in my province at last check. You can buy a used home study course on DS as long as you're stalking it; they tend to go quickly. Also, some people sell their in-class materials which are different from the full home study course, which is something to keep in mind.
Where did you buy you homestudy course?
Blueberry32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:35 PM   #13
My_Tree_Grows
Registered Users
Formerly: em**nti
seller
seller

My Mood:

In FSOT, I believe it was in the post-partum/maternity supply category. There were a couple 6th edition courses up last night when I checked (current edition is 7th, but I got 6th myself). I searched for Hypnobabies. Have you watched any Hypnobabies birth videos? I find them so relaxing and reassuring, really present mamas without having to fight through labour, KWIM? I thought the first time that I was the type to fight and yell through, myself, but it turns out I want to be quiet and focused and left alone.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:07 PM   #14
Green Decals
Registered Users
Formerly: mumma1010
seller
seller

My Mood:

We did Hypnobirthing with our first pregnancy, the local hospital offered it as part of their prenatal classes and we were the only ones who signed up, so it ended up being a private session (8 or 10 weeks, I think). It was awesome. Our first was a hospital birth, and all of the nurses were talking about us for weeks. The resident who was at the birth stopped me in the hall a few weeks later when I was there to return a pump and he said, "You were amazing. I never knew birth could be so peaceful and quiet! You were completely silent!" Yeah, it was awesome. It was actually almost orgasmic, it felt reaaaaaly good.

Our second baby we took a Bradley class. I don't recommend it! We actually hired someone to come do a one-on-one refresher with us so we could re-learn Hypnobirthing. He was a homebirth, another awesome birth and DH said I was even more chill than our first.

Both of my labors started with spontaneous rupture and from that moment to birth was 3-3-5 hours. I didn't even know that I was actually in labor with my first until he started to crown. I know that sounds absurd, but I didn't feel any contractions and we refused the EFM so they couldn't tell I was "contracting" either, and I didn't "push" - I just "breathed him down". With my second, in planning a homebirth, I was worried that I wouldn't know I was in labor again and nobody would make it here on time. So, part of my focus was on having a definitive sign of labor, and I awoke in the middle of the night to the pop of my water breaking. Yay, just the sign I needed! I will ask for that sign again this time - I have never timed a contraction or had my "progress" checked so labor and birth for me are kind of a free-for-all... An awesome, empowering, transformative free-for-all, the dance between mama and baby that only happens once in a lifetime, and which nobody else will ever experience besides mama and baby. Uniquely awesome :-)

So, um, yeah, I highly recommend it!

Last edited by Green Decals; 07-23-2012 at 09:08 PM.
Green Decals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:22 PM   #15
miabean
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I did it with both. It is so worth the money! I wasn't going to so it due to the cost, but my mom decided to pay for it and I am so grateful! Here is a link to my first birth if anyone wants to read about my experience: http://doulamiabean.blogspot.com/201...rst-birth.html My second was an unassisted birth with back labor (yuck) but Hypnobirthing got me through it! I totally suggest listening to the CDs starting now as well

lactivist, intactivist, cloth diapering, crazy mama to THREE boys
miabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:05 PM   #16
Mummandherboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So good to know... I bought the 6th edition several months back on DS and am so glad I got it. I will start listening the CD's and looking over stuff... I am so hoping I can do a labor and birth without an epideral for once...that we could never seem to time correctly anyway! Are all your DH's on-board with this technique? Mine is a little wierded out by it...but just the idea of it... we haven't read or listened to anything yet.