Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-23-2013, 08:11 PM   #1
Kaylazo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
BC Help

Hi ladies, I need some opinions.

I go to the doctors for my postpartum check up in a couple of weeks (my son is 3 weeks and I'm a FTM). I'm 22 and my SO is 26. We do NOT want anymore unplanned children. My LO was very unplanned. Believe it or not (most people don't) I was on generic birth control pills and didn't miss a day... I found out at the doctors at exactly 4 weeks and basically threw my pill pack at her showing the pills. Quickly, this baby is a statistic tester to say the least... conceived with birth control and born on his due date! Anyways I need a new birth control plan but everything I've looked at this far doesn't match. Also, I am EBF so I need an option safe with that too. Options in my head:

Birth control pills: Ok, I could try again and I know I wouldn't miss pills but I know I'd be completely paranoid! Also, is this BF safe?

IUD: One of my best friends got pregnant with an IUD- scary! Also, I've heard weight gain horror stories (I don't want to gain!) and heard many people cramp and bleed the first whole month. That sounds SO unnatural and scary to me. BF safe?

The shot: I've heard negatives on weight gain and strong hormonal changes. This doesn't sounds promising, but I've heard it's more effective then the pill.

Suggestions? I don't think I'm going to find a BC that has low hormones, no weight gain and may be effective against my statistic breaking self.

Help!!!

TIA. xo

Advertisement

Kaylazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 12:55 AM   #2
~KittyKat~
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
The only option that worked for me was the mini pill when I was ebf. You can't take the normal pill. I can't fathom an iud and I hate that if I don't like the way the shot makes me feel I can stop it. Now that we are done bf I am on mircette, low dose combo pill. I was able to get an appt and switch within days.
~KittyKat~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 03:20 AM   #3
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: BC Help

you can only do the 1 homone pill ebf. was it the copper IUD? Merina is direct hormone like depo but inside. implanon is one you put in your skin.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:47 AM   #4
Jrnme
Registered Users
seller

At my 6 week check with my last son (baby #4) I had a copper iud inserted. I had NO cycle until he was almost 3. He's now going to be 7 and I still have my iud.

Jrnme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:15 AM   #5
Kaylazo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrnme
At my 6 week check with my last son (baby #4) I had a copper iud inserted. I had NO cycle until he was almost 3. He's now going to be 7 and I still have my iud.
Did you have any weight gain or hormonal changes?

I'm very willing to take the mini pill I just feel like myself and my SO will be constantly worried about another baby.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:56 PM   #6
Jrnme
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylazo View Post
Did you have any weight gain or hormonal changes?

I'm very willing to take the mini pill I just feel like myself and my SO will be constantly worried about another baby.
Yep with in the first year I gained almost 25#. Everything else was fine though. My dr said weight gain "must be unrelated" copper doesn't make your weight change. I don't believe it.

Jrnme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:09 AM   #7
Kaylazo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrnme

Yep with in the first year I gained almost 25#. Everything else was fine though. My dr said weight gain "must be unrelated" copper doesn't make your weight change. I don't believe it.
Ugh. That's crazy. I couldn't handle that!
Old 09-25-2013, 10:03 AM   #8
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

I had the copper IUD after baby #3. It worked great while BFing and has no hormones, so no wacky hormones or weight gain. I used it without getting pregnant till we were ready for #4.

I also got pregnant on the pill faithfully. I would not suggest depo. Not only did I get pregnant twice and miscarry each time, it caused me to get PCOS, weight gain (70 lbs), loss of concentration, and many other issues.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:35 PM   #9
Kaylazo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l
I had the copper IUD after baby #3. It worked great while BFing and has no hormones, so no wacky hormones or weight gain. I used it without getting pregnant till we were ready for #4.

I also got pregnant on the pill faithfully. I would not suggest depo. Not only did I get pregnant twice and miscarry each time, it caused me to get PCOS, weight gain (70 lbs), loss of concentration, and many other issues.
Thanks for the insight!!!