Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-22-2012, 09:21 AM   #1
QTMom
Registered Users

My Mood:
I think my DH is pregnant too.

I am starting to wonder how many pregnancy symptoms the 'others' in our lives go though with us.

DH puts up with me dictating supper every night. He just asks what is for supper. I usually have something that sounds really good. And he just goes along with it.

DH has been sleeping lighter too. I can only sleep 4-5 hours at a time, then I get up for a while and then I can (usually) go back to sleep for a couple more hours. DH (even though I have been trying to be quiet) still wakes up when I get up and then when I go back to bed. (But he is able to fall back asleep when I am awake)

DH and I also read weekly what is going on with the babe. It is interesting for us since this is our first and it is just really cool seeing what milestones babe is hitting.

I now think that nesting has hit him. I went to a back yard BBQ/ wedding reception this weekend (Friday and Saturday). It was an OBLIGATION because I was the Maidtron-of-Honor. I really did not want to be spending my days in 100-105 degree humid heat. When i came home both days, the house was impeccably clean, and my DH also spent about 45 minutes in the heat pulling weeds. I don't know if it is nesting or just because he is realizing that I CAN'T do everything that I used to do. (I used to do 90% of the cleaning. I could keep up on cooking, dishes, and laundry during the week, and then I would deep clean on weekends. Now it is just a struggle to keep up on cooking, laundry and dishes - even on the weekends.) I am NOT complaining, but it got me wondering.....

In what ways are your 'others' experiencing your pregnancy with you?

Advertisement

QTMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:27 AM   #2
photocowgirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I think my DH is pregnant too.

Pretty sure dh subconsciously mimics my every symptom... He's tired, his back hurts... but when I complain he thinks I "need to buck up," I didn't work all day... (Laundry, dishes, sweeping and chasing 2 under 5y isn't work right?) Silly men He is gaining weight for sure along with me and the girls comment on both our growing bellies...
photocowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:38 AM   #3
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

My Dh gained more weight than I did with DD! I call it his sympathy belly!

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:46 PM   #4
boekesec
Registered Users
Formerly E***n
seller

The title of this post made me laugh I think for me it's mostly just my DH having to put up with me being preggo, like OP said. He does have to carry all the laundry from our second floor bedrooms to the washer in the basement, which is the only real change in his work around the house
Old 08-28-2012, 12:40 PM   #5
nishaa
Registered Users

My Mood:

Really the title is funny ..but its true i was thinking is it only with my DH ..but now ican see there are lots of around ..:P
nishaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:13 PM   #6
sillyutalktome
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My dh has pregnancy brain so bad! It's hysterical.

He had stomach cramps yesterday without sickness, I told him it was braxton hicks