Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2012, 08:15 PM   #1
2boysmama's Avatar
2boysmama
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,928
My Mood:
CAN challenge?

Have you heard about the CAN challenge? http://www.thecanchallenge.com/about.php

I timed dh tonight. He took Colt's legs out of his pjs then I started the timer. He took off the wet diaper, rubbed on some cjs, put his night diaper on (a super stuffed pocket), put his legs back in pjs, stood C up then I stopped the timer. It was 56 seconds! Wooohooo! DH could do a prefold with one hand when Colt was a newborn (I'm so sad that I never took a video of it.) Anyway, we are going next week to the local diaper store for him to do it officially, I was just wondering if any other daddies have done it yet and what there times were. Any body want to share?

Advertisement

__________________
LesLee wife to Andy 8.2.02 SAHM to Evan 1.13.05 and Ryan 4.4.07 and Colt 4.26.11 and Anderson
on 1/3/14 and angel baby 2/14/15-6/11/15

In with Jesus for over 20 years!
2boysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:30 PM   #2
A.Fred's Avatar
A.Fred
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: TX
Posts: 3,918
My Mood:
Re: CAN challenge?

I totally would! but there are no official places near me
__________________
~Amy~ wife to highschool sweetheart since Feb. '09.
Mommy to lil Monkey Man (3/11) and the lil Princess (10/13).
For Sale: Lots of WOOLIES!!
A.Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:27 PM   #3
Tina5834's Avatar
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 11,370
My Mood:
Stop giving out this secret! I want my friend's hubby to win!!
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:46 PM   #4
2boysmama's Avatar
2boysmama
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,928
My Mood:
Re: CAN challenge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaDeanette View Post
Stop giving out this secret! I want my friend's hubby to win!!
ya' know I actually did think about that before I started the thread. I didn't want to spoil dh's chances at that prize! My sis is getting ready to have a baby (about 3 more weeks I think!) and that would be a huge help to her. BUT I figured with the voucher to maybe win a freetime that was pretty good too. It says 1 in 10 wins! It also says on the site that participants can enter more than once...I wonder if they get more than one chance at a freetime?

ETA: What was his time? Do you know?
__________________
LesLee wife to Andy 8.2.02 SAHM to Evan 1.13.05 and Ryan 4.4.07 and Colt 4.26.11 and Anderson
on 1/3/14 and angel baby 2/14/15-6/11/15

In with Jesus for over 20 years!

Last edited by 2boysmama; 07-17-2012 at 09:48 PM.
2boysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:25 PM   #5
pagodagirl's Avatar
pagodagirl
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 654
My hubby totally wanted to enter, but since he works part time at cotton babies he can't, boo! He's a diaper changing machine
__________________
Colleen, surgeon, WOHM to DS1 born 3/11 , step-DD 11/91 , DS2 born 4/13 , and expecting DD 5/15 , happily married to DH , fantastic SAHD
pagodagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:30 PM   #6
Tina5834's Avatar
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 11,370
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2boysmama

ya' know I actually did think about that before I started the thread. I didn't want to spoil dh's chances at that prize! My sis is getting ready to have a baby (about 3 more weeks I think!) and that would be a huge help to her. BUT I figured with the voucher to maybe win a freetime that was pretty good too. It says 1 in 10 wins! It also says on the site that participants can enter more than once...I wonder if they get more than one chance at a freetime?

ETA: What was his time? Do you know?
Edit: apparently I was wrong! Oops!

Last edited by Tina5834; 07-18-2012 at 01:19 PM.
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:00 PM   #7
mrspopo
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,533
Re: CAN challenge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagodagirl View Post
My hubby totally wanted to enter, but since he works part time at cotton babies he can't, boo! He's a diaper changing machine
Whenever I've gone in there's one guy there that is just awesome... maybe that's him? I can't imagine there's too many guys working there. If so, congrats on a great guy that knows enough about cloth to work in a store

I've tried to convince DH but he kinda looked at me like I had 3 heads. Maybe I can tell him times other people are getting and see if he'd at least let me time him... appeal to his competative side! I really don't think I'll get him in for an official time.
mrspopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:21 PM   #8
pagodagirl's Avatar
pagodagirl
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspopo

Whenever I've gone in there's one guy there that is just awesome... maybe that's him? I can't imagine there's too many guys working there. If so, congrats on a great guy that knows enough about cloth to work in a store

I've tried to convince DH but he kinda looked at me like I had 3 heads. Maybe I can tell him times other people are getting and see if he'd at least let me time him... appeal to his competative side! I really don't think I'll get him in for an official time.
Yup, that's him!!! Swoon.
__________________
Colleen, surgeon, WOHM to DS1 born 3/11 , step-DD 11/91 , DS2 born 4/13 , and expecting DD 5/15 , happily married to DH , fantastic SAHD
pagodagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:36 PM   #9
me_just_me's Avatar
me_just_me
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In my happy place!
Posts: 7,559
My Mood:
Re: CAN challenge?

I wish we had some place close that was doing it so my DH could give it a go. He is pretty fast!
__________________
SAHM to DD ('07) DS ('09) and DD2 ('12)
me_just_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:56 AM   #10
Zepp's Avatar
Zepp
DS Addict
Formerly: K*B*T*M*
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 7,272
My Mood:
Re: CAN challenge?

we're doing it. I've heard though that the top time was something crazy like 1 second so I think it will be hard to beat!
__________________
mama of two lovely kids!
Zepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.