Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-23-2012, 12:40 PM   #31
Shimpie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: "I'm just not going there"

Sorry, I don't have any snappy comebacks. I don't try to advocate too much. Most of my friends now me as "green" one, so it's not any surprise to them that I use cloth. I just tell people that:

1) I deal with poop no more than with diposables.
2)The worst blow out I had to clean up was with a disposable diaper.
3) My house doesn't stink like perfumed urine soaked disposable diapers. My diaper pail doesn't even stink. Lately, the hamper stinks more. Someone commented that my house doesn't smell like baby. I didn't understand the comment til I visited my friend's newborn baby. Woooo, those were stinky diapers.

Advertisement

Shimpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:13 PM   #32
omgcupcake
Registered Users
seller

I was so scared of having kids for the longest time thanks to all of the "poop up to the hairline" horror stories that I always heard from everyone. Funny, in all 21 months of cloth diapering we have NEVER had poop escape the diaper. He has pooped out of a diaper once, and that was a sposie while my mom was watching him.

Maine-ly Cloth Blog
omgcupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:46 PM   #33
myk
Registered Users

My Mood:

yeah, seriously. your baby poops no matter what they're wearing. you're gonna deal with it. frankly i find poop on cloth less gross than poop in disposables, cause it can be rinsed quickly with my diaper sprayer with almost no residue left, so it doesn't stink up the cloth diaper pail. the diaper pail with disposables ALWAYS stinks.
myk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:35 PM   #34
Nimyue
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umm_Ibraheem View Post
That's the last time I saw or spoke to her (4-5 weeks ago) I'm staying away because clearly after almost 6 years of marriage and trying to be friends we just don't mesh well. Early in my marriage and first pregnancy she tried to take over, telling me what I should or should not do. How DARE I consider homebirth as it was abuse and I would never forgive myself if my child dies. How DARE I babywear as its harmful to the baby. blah. blah. blah. I would always end up in tears after her visits until my DH put a stop to them. He said as a first time expectant mother who wanted to homebirth I needed to stay away from ppl who would mess with my confidence even if they may be his dear close family members. When my DS was born she again was in my biz and parenting style (I was more attachment parenting and she was something else) and my DH again pulled me away from that part of the family until they could respect my parenting choices. Frankly I think she just hates my guts and I either make her feel inadequate or as a veteran mom, doesn't like her advices rejected. I'm cool with it as it was draining to keep extending my friendship to her and I was only doing it because my DH loves her very much and after all its his family.

sorry for the long sidetrack.
What an awesome DH! I'm glad he supported you and stuck up for you to his mom! That can be really difficult for some guys
Nimyue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:32 PM   #35
joyfullyliving
Registered Users
seller

I find that I usually keep my addiction to myself because most of my friends wouldn't understand me spending time on DS! I think most people still envision pre-folds and pins when they think of CD. Side bar: DH is funny about poop though especially being a paramedic. After the bodily fluids he deals with at work you'd think that his DD's poo wouldn't be any big deal! Evidently it is, so he only does sposies after she's no longer EBF.
joyfullyliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:51 AM   #36
kateroc
Registered Users
seller

There is NOTHING about cd'ing that is grosser than diaper genie stink. It is so freaking disgusting to have a pail full of poop just sitting in your baby's room. gross.

that said, my least favorite part about cd'ing is diaper sprayer blowback I don't usually talk about that with non-cd'ers!
Old 07-26-2012, 07:53 AM   #37
theonenonlymrssmith
Poet Laureate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kateroc
There is NOTHING about cd'ing that is grosser than diaper genie stink. It is so freaking disgusting to have a pail full of poop just sitting in your baby's room. gross.

that said, my least favorite part about cd'ing is diaper sprayer blowback I don't usually talk about that with non-cd'ers!
Agreed! My dear friend had one I. The nursery and I DREADED going in there. I seriously gagged every time. I'm sure I had the same issue with my first son who wasn't in cloth, but never noticed. I've NOT ONCE had a smell problem with my diaper pail. Even when we had guests staying in the nursery, the said they didn't even. It ice the pail was in there!

......you should see what my posts look like BEFORE auto correct.
theonenonlymrssmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:13 AM   #38
Done at 3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I am testing out the ubbi pail with cloth diapers. I'm certain it will control odors but just not yet sold on its small opening with cloth or how air tight it is, I think as long as I keep washing every other day my diapers will be ok, any thought?
Old 07-26-2012, 10:37 AM   #39
Shimpie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I hadn't heard of the Ubbi pail so I had to look it up. I like the some of the features like the powder coated steel, but the gaskets are a bit overkill. The small opening would be a pain for me. You want a diaper pail with lid that breathes slightly. Sealing up dirty diapers is asking for concentrated stink. For instance, dirty diapers in the wet bag that I keep in my diaper bag stink way more than those in my diaper pail because they are sealed up tight.

Also, if I were spending that much money on a diaper pail, I'd at least want one with a foot pedal. Here's the trash can I use as a diaper pail.
Shimpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:47 AM   #40
DottieHarley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't have any snappy comebacks. But, depending on the person antagonizing you and the cooperation of your baby, I have found that any of the following tends to stop the anti-CD rant:
-nurse your baby. in public. without a cover
-nurse your toddler. in public. without a cover
-hand your 8mo a piece of "real food" so that you can have the babyfood debate instead
-mention that your baby is in daycare bc you woh. That is a whole other crapstorm right there.
-ask them to turn the TV off b/c LO shouldn't be watching.
-tell them that you are going to start PL/EC with your 18 mo old. This stopped even my very-pro-CD's, dunk-and-swish MIL