Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-21-2012, 04:00 PM   #1
MIpiccolo44
Registered Users
seller
seller

How do you motivate yourself?

I am open to any comments/suggestions here....

I gained more weight after DS was born...got up to 250 eek! Then when he was about 10 months old I realized it was getting harder to get up off the couch - not good. So I joined a gym and started exercising A LOT. After I realized I was loosing weight I started controlling my diet as well - eventually got down to 195! My goal was to get to 180...and we got pregnant again =) I was happy, but it would have been lovely to get to my goal first, oh well.

So during this pregnancy I have not eaten well at all, I can blame it on morning sickness and then I had gallbladder problems and psyched myself out even more. So now I have 2 weeks left until my due date, and I realized that if I keep eating the way I am now, I WILL continue to put on weight after the baby is born, which I do NOT WANT.

BUT - I need some mental motivation.....how to control my diet better specifically, but anything you use for motivation would help. I hope to get back to exercising more again once I can, but the gym day care won't take infants until they are 6 months, so I will be working around that as well....

Anyway, help me psych myself up, find my self control, and anything else you can help me with. THANKS!!!

Advertisement

MIpiccolo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:25 PM   #2
Hellga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I motivate myself by looking through pics people have uploaded of me on Facebook...nothing makes me slow down on eating like seeing what a blimp I was! Also using myfitnesspal's phone app and having friends on there that can see when my weight goes up/down helps...they will call me out if it's staying the same for weeks or going up. Of course, now that I'm pregnant, that will be changing but hopefully I can stay with a nice low, healthy weight gain...I was only 65% of the way to my goal

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Slowly but surely making money with Swagbucks!
Hellga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:32 PM   #3
momma_of_hjm
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: How do you motivate yourself?

I need help in this department too!!!! I am horrible at self disciple and motivation!!
momma_of_hjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:37 PM   #4
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

I read stuff like this. I train for a race. Or not. Lol. I just decided to do a 1/2 marathon last weekend.. Just cause. Lol!! Being able to challenge myself and say 'I can do that!!!' is incredible!

Last edited by keen1981; 10-09-2012 at 08:18 PM.
keen1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:20 PM   #5
ggill
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My weight loss leader says motivation is a cop out, it is not a magic fix. People use it as an excuse, "Im not motivated, I dont know how to be motivated, if only I could be motivated" You (general you) make a choice. You choose to eat unhealthily, you choose not to exercise, ect. I chose today to get in a 30 min jog and feel great! I also chose to eat sugar and shouldnt have. I am going to choose a healthy dinner and tea tonight for a snack. For me owning that I am making this decision, its not bc I am magically motivated, helps. I decided I wanted to finish the C25K by the end of September so today I chose to get up and start week 9. I do like to read things that remind me why I want to make good choices, but ultimately it is your choice, there is not contagious motivation we can spread around.

FTR I still make way more bad choices then good, but am working on it!

And one en-route via the red thread
http://speelmanhome.wordpress.com/
ggill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:24 PM   #6
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I will continue to watch this thread. As I have lost all motivation and need to find it again.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:34 PM   #7
Melmonkey
Creator Of The Pixie Skirtie<br>www.hyenacart.com/Melmonkeyszoo
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggill View Post
My weight loss leader says motivation is a cop out, it is not a magic fix. People use it as an excuse, "Im not motivated, I dont know how to be motivated, if only I could be motivated" You (general you) make a choice. You choose to eat unhealthily, you choose not to exercise, ect. I chose today to get in a 30 min jog and feel great! I also chose to eat sugar and shouldnt have. I am going to choose a healthy dinner and tea tonight for a snack. For me owning that I am making this decision, its not bc I am magically motivated, helps. I decided I wanted to finish the C25K by the end of September so today I chose to get up and start week 9. I do like to read things that remind me why I want to make good choices, but ultimately it is your choice, there is not contagious motivation we can spread around.

FTR I still make way more bad choices then good, but am working on it!
I love this post, you are so right.....and I need to start holding myself accountable again for my choices and decisions when it comes to weight loss and working out.