Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-13-2007, 07:05 PM   #11
turtle2who
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Looking for mom's of vegetarian toddlers- advice?

I know exactly what you mean and you are exactly right!

Advertisement

Old 05-13-2007, 07:55 PM   #12
jenn5388
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

mine is 2 and a half, and if you missed the post I made to the momma having problems feeding her child, then I can tell ya mine won't eat meat either.. lol I don't think this will last forever, but I can tell ya her poo is mostly normal. When she was a baby and on Soy formula it was little dry pebbles (not to be TMI) then 6 months of soy milk it stayed the same... now she's on normal 2% and it's gotten less dry, but still got the pebble factor most days.. so I guess it's normal for my child. lol

Sounds like the Daycare provider is just grossed out by poo (which makes me wonder why she would wanna change diapers all day long anyway) but you shouldn't try to change your child's diet because the poo grosses her out. good luck with that.

If it were me, If it's not broke, don't fix it.
jenn5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 07:18 AM   #13
amielia80
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We're all vegetarians here.....Sounds like your little one is quite normal. mY 2 year old is the same way, and eating all the "roughage" how could they not? Anyway, I wouldn't worry either and your daycare provider shouldn't really care IMO. YOu would hate for him to become constipated!!! My older DS has severe constipation issues and it has been hell.....
Old 05-14-2007, 07:22 AM   #14
boysandchef
Banned

I dont think its a diet issue at all.. Especially if he's eating veg and fruit that are high in fiber.. That would make them firm...If not constipated..
My son only eats veg and fruit, once in a great while chicken.. He doesnt like meat at all.
But his bowels arent runny at all. Does your child drink a lot of milk???If so that would probably be your culprit. IMO
boysandchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 09:03 PM   #15
pingumel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i agree with the pp about veg/fruit/whole grains being high in fiber. maybe too much milk or juice? my 18month old hardly eats any meat at all. he eats lots of yogurt (in which i sneak in some tofu, which is his main source of protein other than the milk), a couple of tbsp of high fiber cereal, various other cereals / rice / crackers, and perhaps a serving of veg and fruit every day. his stools are nicely formed perhaps half the time.
i did notice that they have become much less formed recently, and i'm thinking it's because he's suddenly increased his milk intake (switched from sippy cup to straws and man is he addicted).
Old 05-15-2007, 09:47 PM   #16
Righteous Recycles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We had this same issue with Ethan and I asked the doctor about it when he was five and she said that happens sometimes. Now he's almost five and he's just had his blood and poo tested and they say he's got yeast in his bowel. I'd say if you've had problems with thrush at all in the past, try to get him tested. Yeast in the bowel can cause serious damage and I wish my doctor would have tested him years ago.

Last edited by Righteous Recycles; 05-15-2007 at 09:49 PM.
Righteous Recycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 08:22 AM   #17
kaoh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If you are really concerned, check with your pedi. But it sounds normal to me. My two boys are vegetarian and drink soy or rice milk, no cows milk. They do eat eggs, jogurt and cheese though. Their stool are consistently looser than other kids I have sat for. Potty training was no more difficult than other kids I know in terms of mess. Your daycare provider is way off track - definitely don't listen to her.
kaoh is offline   Reply With Quote